Jump to content

whatever

Member
  • Posts

    76
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by whatever

  1. from what I know up here in qld, there is one fine print regarding delivery date. it gives the dealer up to 120 days from the date that is put down on the front of the contract. Of course if you got the salesman to sign on the paper saying fixed date delivery, it will overwrite the fine print.
  2. I got the rope kit in the back. So just either use a rope for bigger stuff or elastic rope with 2 hook on the end for smaller stuff. Plus sometimes I carry a 120Lt container secured by ratchet strap. if I know I will be picking a lot of bags or small things.
  3. I noticed that the T uses more fuel in past week of QLD summer heat. Around 10% more for the same trip. Could that just be the AC or losing power due to the heat hence more fuel is need to produce same amount of power?
  4. I am a mechanical engineer working for a small finance and property investment company. I am grease monkey at heart so finance part pays for the lifestyle and property side keeps me interested.
  5. I am going to cast a protesting vote for labour at the next federal election. John is getting a bit out of touch with the normal everyday people these days. Plus he keep on wanting to bring the American system to here, no thanks, under him the super rich will just get ricker and the poor will keep on suffering.
  6. I will just buy a ford dealership, all the supply of ford I will ever need. plus I get to work with cars.
  7. my dealer did a great job on mine as well.
  8. whatever

    Ask Ponch

    I believe Harley has a special arrangement with ADR(or who ever regulates bike design) because Harley to ADR to court and argue that noise is part of their safety design and won the case.
  9. I was promised within a two weeks range(late August to second week of September. I got it on the 29th of August. So it was spot on. Has the dealer even got the car? Wasn't there a production line delay with the supply of new calipers?
  10. The things with a lot of dealers these days are all owned by the same big group with different trading name. I know of a big group in brisbane with 4 or 5 ford dealerships plus a few other brands. Therefore they are friendly and do talk to each other. When haggling just keep in mind that dealerships you are dealing with is not owned by the same group. I ended up dealing with a independant dealer and got a great deal on the ute. Give the country dealers a go. You will be surprised with the discount you can get with some of them, if they have one in stock.
  11. whatever

    Ask Ponch

    Just a question, When I am driving along and someone opens their car door parked on the side of the road. Do I try to avoid it by going into the other line and risk having a head on. Or I should stay in my line and hit the poor guy? This happens to me almost daily on the way home.
  12. whatever

    New Car!

    To me its got a lot to do with the dealer's and salesman's attitude. At the age of 25, when walking into a dealership wanting to buy a car often than not are been treated as a dreamer. I know I can afford it and I don't need to prove it to a salesman order to receive the service that all customers deserve. Looking around in the dealership and always have to approach salespersons standing around drinking coffee for some info on price. I am sure a slight change of attitude to those dealerships I have been to would increase their sales. Three Ford dealership I had contacted regarding the XR6t, all had this we got the best product, you can have it at our conditions or you will miss out. They all simply forgot that they are not the only dealer selling those product and not all dealership have the same attitude as them. I was happy with my salesperson. He was up front told me there is a possibility of price rise and he would like to include in the quote instead of not telling me until delivery of the car. By the way I love the Mazda 6. In my opinion its one of the best cars in its price range. Congraduation.
  13. whatever

    Ask Ponch

    Radar detector is fairly useless in the city since you get a lot of interference, it is always going off. It really is only good for the open road. I have a BEL radar detector with me here by my study desk. I have had it for 5 or 6 years now. It detects radar and laser. It has saved me many times over when they were upgrading the pacific highway with 80km a few years ago. It works great but at a price tag of around 600. I don't use it anymore because no more road works and with the speed limit at 110. I don't feel the need to go any faster. Hence the detector is sitting here instead of in the car. It a big fine if you get caught with it around $1000-2000, unless you are in WA which is legal to have one.
  14. whatever

    Ask Ponch

    When someone is tailgating me and I jump on the brake and got rearended. Who's fault is that?
  15. do you need to add stage 1 on top of that??
  16. whatever

    Bit Of Fun

    26% for me
  17. I wasn't there, so didn't see it. so it had APS exhaust kit on the ute? or everything else but exhaust?
  18. does anyone know if they have started making a phase II kit for utes?
  19. whatever

    Rev Limiter

    NO. Once it's gone,it's gone. As for the rev limiter, It cannot be removed. As most guys here say,why bother. There's no real advantage. Mmm, I guess those ex-cop xr6t would be a interesting buy for you NT people. B)
  20. whatever

    Rev Limiter

    so do the cops turn the speed limiter back on before they sell the car?
  21. Ford needs to look into their marketing department and find out why it is so out of touch with the comsumers. Ford needs to have a more agressive propaganda program.
  22. whatever

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    they are trying to sell you a car of course they are going say its a isolated problem. if that's the case why would they bring out a attemp fix. edit - when I was buying the car I asked the dealer about it and I got the reply "he never heard of it"
  23. I feel your pain. most 4wd drivers are crap drivers that is why they have a 4wd. they think its safe which is true but how about us people who drives small cars!!!!!!!!!!! I think 4wd should have a different class of license. at 3.5 tonnes it not to be treated lightly.
  24. can someone tell me what time it will start and finish? I won't be able to get there till around 11:30.
  25. I do a bit of towing with mine but only around 1000kg. its got good power and I didn't have any trouble going up the hill. I have not driven a xr8 so I can't offer any comparsion.
×
×
  • Create New...