Jump to content

Elias

Member
  • Posts

    109
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Elias

  1. Better to advertise when stock is in and people can see the ads and go in and see the car, rather then advertise early and customer loses their hype by the time they get to see the car in the showroom so less chance for an impulse buy.
  2. GT 65990 rrp. F6 appears to be the same amount Leather 2500 6 potters 5500 Sat Nav 2400 Stripes 730 Got this from the Ford Forums http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.ph...ge=18&pp=25 not sure how accurate it is, but we will find out on Monday. Post further down on same forum...... where did you get these prices from? I went to titans this afternoon and there price list was rrp $67 something. and $57 something for the f6 ute. options that I can remember where leather 1100 6 post 3260, 19 inch dark agents $795 sat nav was 2200
  3. Any times done with the manual? interested to see what effect the launch control will (or will not) have on times.
  4. I thought it was illegal, but when I had a look on the vic roads website I couldn't find anything on the topic. Doesn't mean it's legal though. Probably worth ringing Vic Roads and asking just to make sure.
  5. Nitro with 19's, might have the luxury pack. Put me down for one please. BY the way.... What happened to the XR6 badge on the back door?
  6. the data dot woudn't make them any harder to steal
  7. my cousin who works at a dealer said they are getting them today and tomorrow. Can't test drive till Monday though.
  8. bloody pricks. Whats the go with insurance and keys missing these days? A while back apparently if they find the keys in the car they dont cover, these days though it appears it's the only way to knock off a car... that or a tow truck.
  9. I think you need to earn about $20000 per anum in order to then claim any losses. that means you will need to get at least one job almost every weekend @ $400 a pop. Dont think there is that much demand for a Falcon as a wedding car. Maybe a GT If you advertise enough. Best bet is to simply put the word out that you want this type of work and keep it as a word of mouth business and make a few quid here and there. If you get pulled up you can just say that you are doing it as a favour for a mate, wheras if you try and advertise to get more business, then you will need to get the relevant licences/permits otherwise it will be easy for the authorities to prove you are doing this as a business and not as a favour.
  10. agree with the blue circles on the speedo and the buttons on the steering wheel make it look cheap.
  11. they repaced the too many lines on the speedo with that stupid blue ring... makes it look so cheap.
  12. any info on the manual in Wheels? ie. performance figures
  13. have any magazines done reviews on the manual? would be interested to see some performance figures.
  14. I recon emission laws will just keep getting stricter so manufacturers will have a harder time increasing power anyway. The other thing manufacturers should focus on is selling the car based on performance rather than just peak kw power. Usually they up the power, but decrease ratios to improve fuel economy and the car simply ends up with only a slight improvement in performance, but people think WOW the new XR8 has an extra 30kw.... but (depending on your source) there is no (or stuff all) difference in 0-100 figures....
  15. how did you score a test drive? are they now officially available and on the market? or did you get a special invite?
  16. it's not even an option..
  17. I'm with RACV have been for about 7 years and am 33 yo, no accidents, am rating one with bonueses and all that crap, I rang to get a quote on FG XR6T, no FG in system, so asked for BF for the sake of getting close comparison. Got quoted just over $1000. has anyone else similar age got insurance on a new T? what you get quoted and with who?
  18. I'm with you guys, will be putting on order in very shortly, I too was waiting on the BF till I saw the FG. Zap, just when I thought I was pretty much decided on getting a manual, you go and say something like that to send me back to the drawing board... I wouldn't consider the G6ET unless they put LSD on the option list.
  19. how many people actually bother read up on the scoring system to realise that 3/5 is actually above average, I think they need to revisit their scoring system, and how do they give a 3/5 for safety when there haven't been any crash test results? On the other hand, the actual write up was all good. Wish they gave some more info on the manual though. Would have been good to get a comparison on performance between the manual and auto.
  20. would have also been good to get some insight into the manual version with launch control. Hopefully one of the other car magazines/sites will do this.
  21. Senna, can you elaborate on the changes to Fleet Pricing? are they better or worse?
  22. I stand corrected on the pricing, Obviously my memory didn't serve me correctly I didn't realise that the F6 included all those options. Still will be out of my price range though and need to draw the line somewhere. Originally I thought I would get a run out BF, then when I saw the FG I thought I have to have one of those, so managed to talk myself into spending the extra, I'm a pretty good negotiator.. lol
  23. it is alot of money for a Ford, it's a lot of money for any car really, but sometimes you have to say 'what the f*ck!'.. compare this to a 5 series BMW with same options and power and you feel better about the price I thought of what you say about ditching the options and going an F6, but not only is it way out of my price range, it's also going to be a basic set up again. I'm a gadget man, so would rather have the luxuries, Im sure the power in the Xr's will be enough anyway. I am entitled to fleet discounts through my work, so I'll get a very good price on the Falcon. Also, with regard to your pricing, if my memory serves me well, the Manual and Auto are same price, also XR8 is same price as XR6T.
  24. I drive an EA Fairmont now, so quite an upgrade, I have been holding back on upgrading for the sake of affording to buying something new, not interested in an NA. I dont have any problems paying the money, I basically worked out what I'm willing to pay and am happy to spend it. but by the same token, need to make sure I buy what I really want. I'm going to get the burger with the lot, luxury pack, airbags, Technology Pack, side airbags etc etc.. Last thing I want is to look back in 6 months and spew I didn't throw in a few hundred bucks on a certain option. I intend on keeping it for a long time eg 10 years and by then have enough dough to buy a GTP or equivalent at the time. If I'm lucky I might be in a better position to buy one sooner, just being realistic for now. I thought of Octane too, but probably end up going with nitro as I have a feeling I might grow out of Octane.
  25. and it's alot of money, so need to make right choice. Have you ordered your T already? what color options you going for?
×
×
  • Create New...