-
Posts
128 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by sickd
-
thanks mate I pretty happy with car, sorry what do you mean front end on the carpc? cheers
-
Engine: xr8 5.4 Exhaust: twin with extractors Suspension: low Wheels: 20' hp design Modifications: flash tune Stereo Audio / Visual: pc and screen, 13' jl subs x 2, splits, alpine 1000w rms amp, 400 rms amp lc6 processor Estimated Power: 290 at fly just a few photos of the rig.
-
lol sorry yeah 225/35/20 are fine on a 8 inch rim but not on a 8.5 inch rim
-
hey was your mates a turbo or just a xr6, standard xr6 has smaller diff. these cars have m86 in them which stands for 8.6 inch gears so not much off a 9 inch lol. turbo ute79 try 9 INCH DIFF it might be right lenght but your brakes will be very small have to get some sort of mod for that. need like a fairlane or fairmont they had disc brake rear on them, I think its zd fairlane or something
-
ok after hundred questions and few answers I have sorted another offset and tire size, here goes wel know that 245/30/20 fits on 35-38 offset which is correct and legal, well NOW we know that 245/30/20 fits on ba with offset of 39-42 I know this cos I just fitted tires today, these tires are the nankang ns-2, the cosest part of the tire is at the top and it is the part of the tire that protects the rim from gutter, but on inside against the suspension upright it clears by 2 mm lol there is no moveent in that part ever unless your wheel bearings are shot. so if you want tires you can get nankang 245/30/20 ns-2 that fit wheels with an offset of 35 to 42 . this is worked on my ba xr8 2004 no worries at all. ATTENTION, THIS TIRE ON FRONT IS MINIMUM FOR LEGAL PURPOSES TOO. 225/35/20 DO NOT SUPPORT LOAD RATING ILLEGAL. LOL HOPE THIS HELPS
-
bet you can do a 3rd gear skid in it though and would sound tuff as nails, I would love a charger on my xr8, what super charger kit have you got on yours may I ask?
-
I have omnia and I love it but hate the fact its windows based. for better battery life change prossesor settings to energy saver heaps longer battery life. camera takes great photos, use functions like and shake and choose photo type like landscape or portraite when taking photo works well. iphone has a million programs cheep or free on the app store which is awsome, if iphone had mms and video would have got that over the omnia any day. omnia still really good phone just needs better app based site like apple app store
-
42 Mm Offset? Would It Work For A Ba Falcon
sickd replied to vetha's topic in Suspension and Handling
yes they will fit but yes dont put 225 on 8.5 rims -
42 Mm Offset? Would It Work For A Ba Falcon
sickd replied to vetha's topic in Suspension and Handling
my 20' rims are 42 offset but 8.5 wide, the rim is about 3 mm from the suspension on front back fits no worries nothing to hit on my ute. not ure if I can fit 245/30/20 tires on the front though, fingers crossed -
the 18's, the 20s I waiting to buy tires
-
my ute with a big boot
-
XE ESP silver over black with 460 big block lol. love the xe esp, or the skyline gt r35 the v6 twin turbo thing love that car
-
at is it then I am not sure
-
hahahaha I ike the ve more than the fg but I dont't have one nore the money, thanks for the message though ahaha
-
what is your rim offset guys if your offset is +25 you can put 285's on front
-
245/35, is that on the front, how do they fit, do your wheels sit out past the guards, everyone on here tells me they wont fit on front, do you know your offset nd do you have a pic. thanks
-
hey mate what size are your 20' tires and what is the load rating and also what is your offset ? sorry for questions just trying to find out thanks.
-
yeah I am aware of that and I dont mind cost its just trying to find someone that stocks them, 35 series is much more sorted for so just wondering if anyone tried the 235/35/20r, I just using the 225 as a guide for the size cos ppl are fitting them to car
-
can you tell me what offset you have on your 20's ust to get an idea thanks
-
has anyone actually tried a 235/35/20 on front of a ba as there is only 8 mm difference in size to to a 225/35/20 which means its only 4 mm difference to the actual suspension these are specs below 35 series Rim H W 35 20" 235/35ZR20 XL 92W 8.5" 672 241 35 20" 225/35ZR20 XL 90Y 8.0" 666 230 here some other sizes 30 series 30 20" 245/30ZR20 XL 95Y 8.5" 656 248 30 20" 225/30ZR20 XL 85W 8.0" 644 225 30 series are very expensive just wondering if anyone tried them
-
I have had both in my car now and I love the lc6, the 3sxty worked fine it just did not give me the full power out of my amps correct me if I'm wrong but there is no gain control on 3sixty there is on the lc6, which compensates for the lower signal outs that the ba gives, the 3sixty pushes out 5v to your rca leads which is controlled by the signal your car gives out when you turn volume knob, now with a lower siganl you don't reach ths, the lc6 punches out upto 9v to rca which compensates for the low signal which gives you more oomf out of your amps, I loved the 3sixty when I got it had it in for a year, thought it ws amazing and still is, but there just to much in it for me personally and I not a dumb sh*t with stereos and electronics and stuff, I just know I changed over and now it thumps like a 1000w rms mono block and 2 13;5 inch jl w3's should in a ute
-
I have read all the past posts and thinking of going the 235/30/20 so I am just wondering what brand they are and a price you guys are paying, even a brand and price for the 245/30/20 thanks guys. mike.
-
ok any one looking to do there stereos in there cars I have come to the conclusion that the LC6 - LC8 wich ever is the best sollution for our cars, I have had the 3.sixty installed in my car up till a couple days ago, and now my stereo is screaming louder than ever. I found out our standard stereos put out a low speaker signal so when we put this into a 3sixty it does not give us a strong signal to get the most out of our stereo, I put the lc6 in and all you do is plug it in adjust the gain levels you require, tune your speakers from your amp with the frequency level, and your done not one of us here can the difference of tuning a 30 band eqaulizer it to much, to hard. my stereo absolutely cranks like rattles other ppls mirrors in there car, before it would barely rattle mine, and was not from a lack of trying to tune it, or getting it tuned tried it all, got lc6 perfect, so anyone that wants hassel free excellent results for a good price get yourself a audiocontrol LC6 that's my 2 cents lol
-
I have the standard lcd screen installed below stereo to display all the aircon stuff, but I use a media software program to play movies and songs and pictures and everything
-
just put it bak in, I just took it out to fish cables out, my car don't have airbag any way though I used a touch screen off ebay cost me 188 dollars works and picture is awsome very suprised in qaulity
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.