Jump to content

bez

Member
  • Posts

    92
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bez

  1. I took my Silvia around there a few months ago and it was awesome. When are you thinking of going out. I will soon have my Venom ute, I think QLD RW would be the perfect place to run it in
  2. Hi Guys. I might be able to join you in mid to late July as mine is delivered (hopefully) on the 30th June. Another turbo ute. :D Venom When you say Murwillumbah Hinterland, do you mean via Currumbin Valley. that's where I grew up and learnt to drive. Aaahhh the memories. Awesome drive though.
  3. of course, if you were an accountant you would be on the White Camry forum.
  4. bez

    Waiting List

    Tell your Ford dealer that you quite like the SS Late model camira and the Expensive Daewoo guy is knocking heaps off the price, which he will. The Ford dealer will come to the party. Don't tell them your choosing between the GT and the XR6T, that is no competition for them. They will sell a car if they can, if they have to wait as long to get their money as you do to get your car, so be it. When you have negotiated a price, then negotiate your delivery time. Ring heaps of dealers and see who can deliver the quickest.
  5. Have you had it dynoed since the mods?
  6. bazza, are you an oncall 24/7 accountant, cause you know your stuff.
  7. I don't think the wait is due to the Turbo engines. I ordered my XR6T ute on the 9th of this month for an expected delivery within 3 weeks of the order. I will be surprised if it is on time, but four or five weeks will be fine. Any longer and I couldn't cope. I would think that the wait is due to Ford satisfying the needs of it's fleet buyers and making oodles of xt sedans before satisfying the enthusiasts who are prepared to wait for their XR6T. And your options list obviously doesn't help. It's like going to maccas and instead of buying one of the cheeseburgers sitting on the shelf, you order one with extra pickle, extra sauce, extra mustard, extra meat, extra cheese and an extra couple of buns. Has anyone tried telling their dealer that they won't get the car unless you get a quick delivery? The first dealer I spoke to said I would have to wait until October, I told the second dealer that wasn't good enough. Somehow I'm getting the car within a month, $4,500 off, and gauranteed delivery by 7th July, or I get Premium Sound thrown in. :D
  8. I was told that Expensive Daewoo utes are not exempt from FBT due to their suspension, where as the Ford has the live axle and is. As if I needed another reason to get the Ford. I don't know about Joe Bloggs office worker, but if self-employed Joe Bloggs office worker has to transport stuff from one office building to another, he can claim all his expenses, whether it be new tyres or stage IV 390kw engine mods.
  9. Ordered Ute last Friday for an ETA of before the end of the month (this month apparently).
  10. Unfortunately for the XR8, I think it was being compared to the XR6T more than the other cars. It was never going to fare well in the value stakes in a performance orientated test. Although as a XR6T fan, I am very happy with the result, I found the report to be far too opinionated. The fact that they now think the SS is better than XR8 proves this. that's my opinion anyway
  11. Forget the XR8 and the Pursuit. My pick is the XR6T ute with an extra 16k to spend.
  12. Can ute owners get the photos of their baby being built, like the sedan people.
  13. Does anyone know why the sound upgrade for the ute costs $600 for an extra 2 speakers and 6 stack, but sedan gets sub and colour screen aswell for $900. Colur screen atleast might make it a worthwile upgrade. Also, anyone hooked up aftermarket sub/amp to factory stereo? I don't imagine it has a seperate sub control, so wondering if it would sound any good, if it can be done. Are all the ute owners happy with the grip they are getting from the back? A mate of mine has got an AU Pursuit which is surprisingly difficult to get loose. Not too difficult, but not as easy as you would expect.
  14. I just ordered a venom XR6T ute. 6 weeks and counting. Drove the XR8 and the SS. XR8 sounded sweet but not quite up to the rush from the turbo. SS didn't come close. Fortunately the Expensive Daewoo man knocked 5k off the SS, giving the Ford guy a reason to take 4.5k off a car I would've paid full price for. :lol: Plans... minor at first.
  15. I was running a T5 in my Sierra a couple of years back and it was the best box I have ever used, don't know why they are suddenly rough and unreliable. My concern is the strength or lack thereof. I was told that the couple of XR6T entrants in this years Targa Tassie went through a couple of boxes and they at least needed a lot of attention after each days racing. My Ford dealer assures me that if I can break it, then he'll replace it. sounds like a challenge. I drove the XR8 manual and the shift was sweet (much better than SS), so why use different boxes on similarly powered engines
  16. I am in that mid 20's age bracket, and so far Southside ford in Brissie have driven an xr6t sedan and an xr8 manual ute to my work for me to drive. The xr8 ute was at my door in 30mins, the guy asked me if I wanted to take it for a drive, he through me the keys and said see you soon :lol: . I couldn't believe it. The whole experience was so impressive, I had to get one. So my xr6t manual ute is coming
  17. I am selling it because I can't carry ladders and signs in it. Plus, as exciting and rewarding as it is to drive (about 2 secs. 1/4 mile faster than XR6T) I just don't like Japanese cars and the stereotype that goes with them. I haven't sat behind the blue oval for a few years (not since my xp coupe), and even if I am driving it to the dealer to get fixed, I will still be happy driving it. Something about driving an aussie car that gets my blood pumping. Maybe it's the reminder that these things are not as precicely built as some imported cars because they are built by real people, aussie people. Don't mean to sound so racist guys, but you know what I mean. Can't wait to get my new ford...
  18. I am pretty close to ordering an XR6T Ute, I am happy with the way they drive etc., however I am concerned about the reliability problems that have been raised on this site. Do most new cars, australian cars, have these sorts of dramas. I am about to sell my highly modded 1990 Silvia K's, which I have been flogging the arse out of for the last 4 years, from which I have never had a problem, and never had to replace anything. It seems strange that the reliability that I have come to appreciate from my car will be compromised by getting a new one.
  19. bez

    New Members Thread

    I am considering an xr6t ute, and while at work I did a search for modifications and stumbled upon your site. I have never been so unproductive!
×
×
  • Create New...