-
Posts
95 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by junior
-
BCL thanks for the offer I am definately keen to have a look when it's finished. I did a search and found all of the old posts about the kit.and the pics too. Seems you have been thinking of doing it for a while nizpro definately went in the right direction in removing all that unecessary piping. A little bit pricey for me as I probably would not want to alter internals of the engine but a good start to make some serious HP. At the end of the day you need to be confident of the ability of the guy doing the tuning and nizpro have a good track record. I must admit the unichip tuners in Sydney are fairly average. In the past with my rex's both C+V prformance and Croydon Auto Sports failed to tune the unichip properly. I didn't really know any better at the time but I am more experienced with turbo cars now and know better. These guys just load a base maps that they got from APS and adjust the mixtures slightly where needed to suit your car . Anyway getting off the topic so give us an update when it's done cant wait to see it :banghead:
-
I definately agree with brian about the lack of power in the lower rev range. Like Brian I have had a couple of wrx's and I am used to their quick throttle response. Intercooloer next tothrottle body and short hoses to turbo helps alot. When I first got my T ute I was quite dissapointed with the amount of lag these cars have but looking at the whole setup with the intercooler and piping I can definately see why there is alot of lag. Brian I dont know much about these nizpro kits but you say that the kit addresses this exact problem. If I could reduce the amount of lag and up the power to 300kw at the flywheel I would be more than satisfied. First I would have to do the brakes though because they suck big time.
-
Basically you have to buy a xr6t ute from ford and then the dealer can arrrange for you to have the flat tray put on buy any number of companies that do it. I saw last week a new xr8 ute with a flat tray on the back and sittiing in the tay was the original paited ute back upside down. Not a bad idea for the resale as you get the nice interrior + good engine and when it comes to the point of selling all you need to do is put on the brand new painted ute back that's been gathering dust over the years
-
People with the premium brakes, is it only the disc rotor that is different to standard or are the calipers different too. If so are the premium 4 pot fronts or what?
-
Sounds exactly what I have got with my car . Thanks for the heads up BTW I got your PM and sent you a reply.
-
iaschmidt the computer is on passenger side yeah .
-
maybe I will try measuring at the turbo to see if its the wastegate that's faulty. all I know is that there is not much of the rush feeling I used to get when I had my other turbo cars.
-
Just wondering what boost (psi) do our utes are supposed to be making. I installed a boost gauge on monday because my car felt sluggish and with the throttle floored completely I am only managing between 2- 3 psi in all gears. can someone please help me I am getting dsperate.
-
I have a dilema with my T It is lacking power and I am trying to find out why. Boost is reaching 4.5 psi but doesnt seem to make it until over 3500 rpm. Is this normal can someone with a standard ute and boost gauge confirm. I have tried all of the stuff mentioned in keithg's post about lacking power and have come up with no solutions. Some days the T fly's and other days I think that it's a slug.
-
this is my 3rd turbo car. 93 mitsubishi gsr lancer. modified turbo, motec ecu, exhaust, lowered, koni shocks , nice wheels great car................ stolen 99 wrx . modified, sti turbo, exhaust, unichip, coilovers, intercooler waterspray, electronic boost control, numerous small engine goodies. 03 BA turbo ute
-
Here is a pic of the damage dent Post a comment if you think it canor can't be fixed by dent removal
-
Some low life scum has kicked my ute just behind the drivers door and has put a huge dent in my baby. :reallymad: :cussing: it is not even 3 weeks old I am so p#ssed off Anyone who can recommend a really decent panel beater in Sydney I would appreciate it.
-
add me to the list of riders! :D current ride 2002 GSXR 750 . check the avatar plus a brand new T ute, life is sweet at the moment.
-
Grant You are on the right track, fronts are only worth upgrading unless you have money to burn.
-
Boyz what are the costs of these brake options. The standard one dont stop for sh#t when youn get some speed up I.e +150 kmph.
-
oops just looking again and the list seems to be very old (1999) seems funny now that the v8 Expensive Daewoo had only 179 kw how times have changed
-
Why is the falcon ute missing from the commercial vehicle list. both 6 cylinder and v8 Late model camira utes are there. The ford utes can carry a much larger load than the holdens and in my opinion should be on the list.
-
forrestd any chance I can get a copy of that letter . Just incase my accountant wants to argue again.!!!!!!! 4 more days till my beast arrives
-
I am in need of a complete Cosworth 2 litre turbo bottom end for a project car that I am building with my best mate. Basically everything except a block but if there is a realy good block I would buy it to. Already have all top end parts , heads, cams injectors throittle body etc So if anyone knows anyone with Cosworth parts I would be very interested. Thanks again
-
I have heard rumours that the Limo diff is no longer standard in XR's does anyone know what the deal is. I am waiting on a turbo ute to be delivered and if it comes with no LSD I will be p ssed off.
-
Click on this link and have a read , seems to make sense to me. Also a friend of mine who builds expensive race engines sent me the link http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
-
Well thanks to bazza and his fbt advise I ordered my Turbo ute this week and look forward to paying no fbt I am planing on financing it on a novated lease does anyone know if I need to insure/rego it as business use or private. Cant wait till the 30th JULY :D :o
-
Ex- Rexer that is what I meant by saying in my post " Although its hard to replicate conditions" I was meaning temps humidity etc and I also stated that they do more testing and developement than others. If I modify do my T I will probably go with Herrod but only if it is covered under Fords warranty and at this stage as far I know only mod that is covered under warranty is Herrod cat back exhaust.
-
Dont get too excited over APS's power figures , as a wrx owner and a current member of the wrx club I have seen on a few dyno days that the APS systems cant make the claimed power figures at the wheels. Although it is hard replicate conditions, on several of Sydney's different 4wd dynos at different dyno days the APS fitted cars could not manage their claimed output. Saying this though APS produce great products and do alot more testing and development than most all I am syaing is that dont always look at peak power gains. I would prefer to have a car/ute that produced alot more torque and mid range than top end power because you spend more time driving in this range. lets face it our cars are not race cars
-
wtf............... steve you are one crazy dude , you should see some good times now down the strip tell us more ........... had to of been better than sex surely :lol:
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.