Jump to content

junior

Member
  • Posts

    95
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by junior

  1. Guys the whole point of the topic was to tell you there is a cutout between changes which confirms what I read. So you can't flat change anyway and hence no damage was done. Flat changing was only a way to describe the topic but under no circumstance would I attempt to do it to my T. Yes I was driving quite spiritedly but that's the whole fun of owning a T
  2. Scootre The seats were supposed to be factory fitted, but at the time of build there was a delay in getting leather so city ford got a company in Sydney to do it and I only found out about it yesterday. The factory seats in my opinion are better, compared to other peoples T's my seats are a little harder and the leather seems to be stretching too easy leaving large creases in the seat where you sit I think the leather option was $1015 or something for a ute.
  3. Hitman who is your dealer in Sydney? I have problems with my leather too. I found out today that City Ford got someone else to do the leather in my ute instead of using the factory leather. I am planning on getting them fixed but would much rather get the factory seats instead.
  4. Edo I know it should be flat but I recon if I did a few of these in my T I would be walking home and I could not bring myself to do it anyway. I used to do them flat out in my old V6 capri , but it didn't matter what happened to that because the car was worth sweet FA
  5. Trumpy was right except I was not using full throttle when changing, it was more like 1/3 throttle . I read it in an article somewhere that it happens and thought I would find out for myself. Full throttle changes would be quite severe on the T5 and besides that it seems to be very hard to do quick gear changes in my T, especially 2nd to 3rd. It was just a bit of spirited driving, very late afternoon.
  6. I was having a bit of fun yesterday afternoon and noticed that if you do flat changes there is a cut out of the engine. I know this is probably to save the gearbox but has anyone else noticed this. Its is only for a split second but is enough to loose some boost between gear changes
  7. I am coming too so myself and the handbrake will be coming. This is my first cruise in the T which makes me a cruise virgin, so all of you regulars will have to break me in. :lol:
  8. Mee toooo. how good would that be
  9. See Peter that wasn't so hard was it Seems as though the thread is changing into a discussion about how you guys get around the torque. Brian your comments are spot on regarding the dyno graphs.
  10. I have been sitting on the fence this arvo reading the posts with great interest. As far as I know Brian has planned his T56 upgrade to be fitted in the next few weeks so this would mean that he has probably not bought the box yet. Peter if your on these forums to provide us with helpfull advice as well as marketing your kits then why would you not disclose the better gearbox option that you keep refering to . I am sure that Brian or any other member on this forum would like to hear about any possible gearbox upgrade that would be better than the T56 or T5. You market your kits very well on these forums and seems like the majority of people here beleive what you tell them. Just because your gearbox is not ready for the big marketing push on these forums doesn't mean that people can't benefit from the idea. If $8000 for a box can be spent in better ways lets hear it , you never know brian might change his mind if the idea is good enough and throw some business your way.
  11. If you are going to tow make sure you get the auto, I tow my inboard around and my ute is manual. I live on a fairly steep hill and to get moving I have to give it about 2500 revs and dump the clutch which is not the best. I love manual cars but sometimes I wish I got the auto
  12. junior

    Finance

    Residuals seem high my residual after 4 years is $9698 and monthly payments are roughly $1100 . utes are fbt exept so no worries there either.
  13. If it aint broke don't fix it. Just leave it as it is, I remember joining the forum when I was looking to buy my T and the amount of info I got off the site was good. If all the info was only available to members only I probably would not have joined. This is a good site with a growing membership and alot of people donate to keep it going. If it turns into a club it will definately become political , no doubt about it.. But either way I will still be here
  14. The food was terrible at eastern creek, hope it is better at WSID
  15. LOK II you have had the 6 speed for a while, what do you think of the shift quality is it better or worse than the 5 speed ?
  16. Peter thank you for the reply , you are probably right about the standard ford inlet manifold being best, but what I was getting at was the massive amount of piping that is in the T's engine bay. For starters the airbox is on the wrong side it feeds air over the hot engine too the turbo. The intercooler piping is also very long and that's why I like the Nizpro design as they have taken a much shorter route to their throttle body which I'm assuming will give minimal lag and better throttle response. You have even taken this approach in your stage 3 system,I guess I was trying to suggest that it should be in stage 2. I am a little confused as to the pics on your site regarding the stage 3 system. In main pic it shows the inlet piping with APS intake over the rocker cover but when you click on the DR series intercooler it shows a factory item and standard airbox. thanks again Peter with all of your help on all topics, I sure I am not the only one here who greatly appreciates your comments and advice
  17. man that is a bad job, I am now glad that my bar was a factory fitted item. make sure you take it back man, that is unbelievable. yuo should get a new bar for that
  18. I don't know about you guys but I have owned a few turbo cars before and the thing that kills the ford is the amount of lag this car has. I don't really care about getting big KW gains, all I want is great throttle response minimal lag and about 300 kw at the engine. I know Phase 1 gives around 280-290 kw with just engine management so I would like to able to get the revised inlet manifold and piping in stage 2 Peter the plug in module is a the best part of the system, and I am quite impressed with the intercooler too Perfect system would be all Aps components with Nizpro inlet mainfold and a nice set of brembo brakes on the front. oop's I better stop drooling now, keyboard is flooded :lol:
  19. Got the same symptoms as trumpy
  20. Peter, you said that the turbine housing needs to be bored right. Who does this work in Sydney is iit C+V , Croydon etc or is the turbo sent to you?
  21. Unless you are into drag racing who cares about peak power levels. I would rather have a car/ute that would have better lower and mid range power because that's where 90% of us need the power. I think both the Nizpro and APS systems both have there own benifits. All I can say is APS and Nizpro keep on doing R&D and all of us will benifit in the end.
  22. Cro did the dealer tell you how to bed in the brakes properly so they last longer and don't glaze up. This is the first thing I did when I picked up my T when it was new. I have not had any problems with my brakes except they are too small for the ute when I have a big load in the back and they dont pull up for sh#t when driving Spiritedly DBA Steve should be able to tell you the correct way to bed in the brakes. heres how I did it: Find a quite road where you can safely get up to 120 kph Get the car up to operating temp and do a few moderate stops to get some temp in the brakes. Then proceed to do a series (5 to 10) of hard stops from say 110kmph down to 70 letting the brakes cool in between stops. best way to cool is driving at around 10- 20 kmph so as not to cool too qiuickly. I may be doing it wrong but I am sure someone will flame me if I am
  23. Sorry to hear of your probs mate. I have to admit the paint protection I paid for was a total rip off and completely useless. Last weekend I spent all of saturday cleaning and polishing the ute and A good coat of meguires gold class wax is alot better than that teflon paint protection sh#t that I paid for. As far as bulid quality goes they have along way to go to match the subaru that I previously had.. good luck with it
  24. As far as I know eastern creek in sydneys off street drags are not running at the moment untill the new drag facilites are finished. It should be great when finished and be a world class facility.
  25. BMC air filters make one for XR6,XR6T and XR8 Bmc make world class filters for cars bikes, used by F1 teams Part numbers are 327/04 for xr6, xr6t and 344/21 fro the xr8 bmc air filter webpage can be ordered through Autospeed 1800 688 698 delivery takes about 4 days if in stock
×
×
  • Create New...