Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 04/02/09 08:46 AM Posted 04/02/09 08:46 AM Ive had a rattle in both the front and rear end for a few months. Thinking it was the suspension it went into pedders and all 4 brake pad pairs are loose. You can simply hit the tyre wall and the pads rattle around. So on every bump its rattle, rattle.Supplier says "Use some brake anti-squeal stuff on the backs of the pads" This will seal them in better.Mechanic says not to do this but "Shims behind all of the brake pads (backing plates for the pads)".I run the DBA 4000 setup for the past 6 months with ferodo formula pads. Bite well and stop well but whats the right thing to fix the rattle. Both say the pads being loose is not unsafe or affecting my braking.Its beyond me.I.B.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 04/02/09 08:54 AM Posted 04/02/09 08:54 AM rattle is just anoying IB ,mine did whan I first got it , the shims they talk about sit at each end of the pad and hold it firm a new set from ford fixed that , then I upgraded brakes and there's no way I would have done it without the backing glue ,no idea why some one would say not to use it , I have rda discs with ferrodo pads and no squeal at all even cold and no rattle thanks to the backing glue if ya want the brand name I used let me know.
wados Member 617 Member For: 21y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 04/02/09 09:17 AM Posted 04/02/09 09:17 AM yeah I have the same problem and the squell aswell, I bought some anti squel the other day just got to go and do it
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 04/02/09 09:18 AM Posted 04/02/09 09:18 AM (edited) fair enough I get thatbut mine did rattle at first if they don't put new shims or whatever there called when new pads are put in it sounds like a rock in an old hub cap very annoyingthey move front to back and rattle when theres no pressure against themyeh I heard the opp is actually goin to do something for a change ,I don't really care the girl would only spend it on sh*t Edited 04/02/09 09:22 AM by our06t
RowdyBurns Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/02/09 12:55 PM Posted 04/02/09 12:55 PM I've been trying to figure out what this noise was for ages, ford have had it twice and their "factory trained service technicians" couldn't find the issue. Now, best way to fix it?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 04/02/09 08:52 PM Posted 04/02/09 08:52 PM fair enough i get thatbut mine did rattle at first if they don't put new shims or whatever there called when new pads are put in it sounds like a rock in an old hub cap very annoyingthey move front to back and rattle when theres no pressure against themyeh i heard the opp is actually goin to do something for a change ,i don't really care the girl would only spend it on sh*tWould you believe there called anti rattle shims.........
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 04/02/09 09:07 PM Posted 04/02/09 09:07 PM wow iv had this issus for ages, ford said it was the sliders so they fixed it but it only lasted a day. I just drive with my foot on the brake lol
RowdyBurns Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/02/09 11:19 PM Posted 04/02/09 11:19 PM So these anti rattle shims, are they a universal part, or do you need to get them to suit your pad/caliper? I am guessing they are available from Repco, Burson's etc?
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 04/02/09 11:22 PM Posted 04/02/09 11:22 PM yes they need to match you caliper type , not sure how easy they are to get last I heard ford only liked to sell them as a package with the pads , and if you buy ferrodo they don't come with new ones , maybe try bendix they might make something
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 04/02/09 11:56 PM Author Posted 04/02/09 11:56 PM The ferodo pas not coming with the plates is the problem. The standard ford pads and alot of other do come woth them.I.B.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now