Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Fastest Taxi In Melbourne
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

gday everyone,

ive had the car a few months now and its about time I refilled the oil. I have a few questions regarding the engine oil.

I was wanting to know whether it is safe or not to add a different brand or type of engine oil to that currently in there? does it matter if they mix?

also what would be the best engine oil that all you guys recommend and which will give the best performance and treatment to the engine?

thanks,

Anthony

  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 8d
Posted (edited)

If you can, you should always top up with the same oil. If you can't get the same brand, then use the same grade.

I always use synthetic in my NA XR6 - better economy, quieter, lower oil consumption, etc. But any decent oil should be OK in a NA engine - just don't leave it in the engine for 15,000 kms as Ford recommend.

Edited by xr6
  • Logsie
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 24d
  • Location: Queensland (Brisbane)
Posted

Mobile 1 and also change the oil filter at the same time to get maxium usage out of the oil :spoton: .You will also need a bit over 5 litres to fill the beast :crybaby:

  • Fastest Taxi In Melbourne
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

the service manual says to use "10w/30 oil". should I buy this type of oil and refil? would it be wise to go to ford and ask them what type of oil that use for sake of keeping it the same?

cheers

anthony

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin, NT
Posted

I guess you could take it back to the dealer for the same type of oil, but whats the colour of the oil now, how many k's has it done and how much oil has it used? it might be worth changing the oil n filter for the sake of it.

and if its still in warranty ask for a oil cusumption test sheet as it shouldnt use any oil really

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 23d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

You don't need to stick to the same oil if you are doing a complete oil change. Definately change the filter as well. You would be hard pressed to find a bad 10W-30 oil - just stick with the reputable brands like Castrol, Mobil, Shell, Nulon etc. I think you will find that the N/A needs 6.5 litres.

Muz

  • T.P.I.S.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SoR, WA
Posted

The best oil and the only oil ill ever use from now on is Red Line 10W-40 High Performance Motor Oil, All Synthetic Formula. My engine has never been more smooth or quiet.

I also use Red Line Shock Proof Gear Oil for the Gear box. It feels soo smooth to change gears all the time.

Ive also got Red Line Oil for the Diff but I am waiting for Ford to put in my new one before the oil goes in.

I know it costs alot but I feel it is worth it.

my 2c.

Cheers

Adrian

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 7d
  • Location: IN TOWN
Posted

Does anyone use Castrol Edge 0w40 or 10w60?? for there T??

as it say on there website that they both are approved from FPV.

some info would be great cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...