ronburgundy I love gooold member Legacy Donating Member 1,222 Member For: 17y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne (west) Posted 06/01/09 08:58 PM Posted 06/01/09 08:58 PM Hey folksI've had mine for a tick over 2 weeks now, and I'm sure it's a case of WHEN rather than IF I start 'tinkering'. I can't imagine I'll be doing a massive amount to it, but I guess once you catch the bug...!My question (and please excuse me if it's already been discussed elsewhere but I'm new here and a quick scan around the place proved fruitless) - what sort of numbers is a stock G6ET such as mine good for? I guess in particular I'm curious abouta) rwkwb) 1/4 ET @ MPHOf course I've read Wheels magazine and Cars Guide etc that suggest 0-100 in 5.1 secs and 1/4 in 13.3 secs, but figured I'd ask around the traps and see what you guys have achieved.Your memory does extend far enough back to when your cars were actually stock, right??!!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 06/01/09 09:20 PM Posted 06/01/09 09:20 PM a) Most of the 270 motor equipped cars now are making between 230-240rwkw iirc. b) Pretty sure someone cracked a 12.89 in a stock G6E-T not long ago, not sure on MPH though...Either way you look at it, alot of signs point to the cars having more power than Ford claims - not that that is a bad thing!
ronburgundy I love gooold member Legacy Donating Member 1,222 Member For: 17y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne (west) Posted 06/01/09 11:08 PM Author Posted 06/01/09 11:08 PM A nice change - cars actually EXCEEDING manufacturer's claims!Wasn't so long ago that a high 12 was a significant achievement for even a moderately modded car...
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 07/01/09 04:00 AM Posted 07/01/09 04:00 AM Ford have been underquoting there power figures since the early 70's.
fordfreak XRT07 Member 378 Member For: 18y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: glenwood Posted 24/01/09 02:03 AM Posted 24/01/09 02:03 AM 5.1 13.3 or there abouts with good traction off the line.... mighty quick for a stocker... and yes... hints of the engine figure under quoted to stave of embarresment with the v8..
GozzaXR6T Member 26 Member For: 18y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 25/02/09 04:16 AM Posted 25/02/09 04:16 AM yeah great car an all, but still, doing a single pegger off the line????????? lol
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 25/02/09 04:52 AM Posted 25/02/09 04:52 AM Why the lol...they don't
smoke Member 70 Member For: 20y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/03/09 07:07 AM Posted 07/03/09 07:07 AM is the lsd standard, an option or not available?either way, I'd get one thrown in if I had one :D
XRSics Legacy Donating Member 325 Member For: 17y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/03/09 07:18 AM Posted 07/03/09 07:18 AM no lsd option
ronburgundy I love gooold member Legacy Donating Member 1,222 Member For: 17y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne (west) Posted 08/03/09 12:55 AM Author Posted 08/03/09 12:55 AM Not an option, not even if you ask really nicely.As others have said I"m sure, hasn't been a problem for me so far!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now