Fg xr6 5 speed gearbox issues help please

ULLCEE

• INFAMOUS
  • Member For: 5y 5m 8d

Hey guys just after some help as I can't find anything in regards to the sh*tty fg xr6 5 speed auto on line🤦

I have a 2009 fg xr6 na+t and it has the 5 speed auto behind it I bought it off a guy who said it only had 1st gear,after topping up the fluid it took 4 litres of oil,I took it for a drive it selected reverse which it didn't for him and drive was a a little delayed but if I go through the gears in trip tronic it selects all the gears just sometimes from 2nd to 3rd and to 4th gear it sort of delays but selects there gears.

Previous owner said it was the band's but if that was the case I shouldn't be able to get any gears is that right?

I then change solenoids and it sort of fixed the delays in the shifts but still won't take off in drive or reverse sometimes.

If I change the valve body/solenoid block could that possibly fix the issue as I don't think the bands are stuffed as under acceleration when in each gear there's no slip it's more only when it goes from one gear to the other it feels like there maybe a leak loss of pressure,could it be the o rings on the solenoids causing this issues any help would be great full as I feel this could be fixed cheaper then buying another box and not only that there is no info in regards to these 5 speeds online hence why I'm asking if anyone on here has had same issues cheers guys 🙏

Edited by ULLCEE

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 27d

There is a fair bit of info out there, search for 5r55 transmission and you'll get all the results.

From the quick search I had, you can replace the various valve body seals etc, chuck a zip kit through it and it might come good. There is a chance that it's worn in other areas in which case it will need a professional to look at it.

• INFAMOUS
  • Member For: 5y 5m 8d

Appreciate it Puff umm with the zip kit what is that so I can try that please Ill have another look online and see what I can find cheers bro