Liam958 New Member 3 Member For: 8y 8m 10d Posted 13/12/23 11:28 PM Posted 13/12/23 11:28 PM Hi all I've just installed a 9" fan on my external transmission cooler located behind the right fog light of my 500hp G6E before installing it driving around town with a few pulls here and there it reached 105c very quickly I have wired the fan in so it runs as soon as the key is turned on but now I am getting temperatures between 60 to 80 it got to 80 after some very sprinted driving for a good 20 minutes I'm just wondering if those temperatures are abit to cool or should I just leave it the way it is I am going to install a switch and put it under the dash but for the meantime I'm pretty happy with it the way it is.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 13/12/23 11:40 PM Posted 13/12/23 11:40 PM Leave it the way it is
Liam958 New Member 3 Member For: 8y 8m 10d Posted 13/12/23 11:49 PM Author Posted 13/12/23 11:49 PM Cheers for your input mate I've always known the whole heat exchanger setup is useless yes maybe over in Germany where the ZF transmission is built where it's always freezing cold but it's just not like that in Australia I've already gone through one transmission and I'm 100% certain it's because when I brought the car it didn't have an external oil cooler just the heat exchanger set up
smokingcold New Member 5 Member For: 6y 5m 18d Posted 29/03/25 12:54 PM Posted 29/03/25 12:54 PM Hey liam, were you reaching 105c with an external transmission cooler installed without a fan? what cooler did you use and where was it placed? Or were u hitting 105c with the factory heat exchanger cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now