Replaced inlet gaskets. Tacho not working

Nick_is_not_sus

• Member For: 6m 26d

Today, I replaced all inlet, throttle body gaskets injector seals in my g6e turbo. Afterwards connected the battery started the car and no tacho.. everything else on the dash works. Anyone come across this? Or have any ideas of area I can search?

Where does signal come from ? Coil wire or cam angle angle sensor?

Back of the inlet there's a single wire (pink green) little black box that bolts to the rear inlet brace, not sure what it is

Cheers nick

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d

Presuming the car runs ok? If yes, coincidence I'd say. The stepper motors are easy to replace, and the cluster is also easy to remove. 

Little black thing is a supressor. I'd leave that hooked up. Needs to be bolted down too. 

• Member For: 6m 26d

@hjtrbo thanks for the reply.

Yeah, the cars running the best it ever has . There was 5 cylinder leaks on the hot side plus the turbogasket. The inlet side the whole top of the gasket blew out on cylinder 1 covering the injector by 2/3s.

I did connect up the suppressor. Every thing is put back the way it was removed.

I ordered a OBD2 scanner that should arrive today.

I was just wondering if the tacho signal was taken from the cam angle sensor to the pcm cause the wiring to the loom is quite tight (although I didn't need to take it off)