6HP26 for a fg xr6 turbo

R ichard

• Member For: 3y 2m

any one selling a 6HP26 for a fg xr6 turbo????? been trying to find one on new zealand for the last month or 2 and there's pretty much nothing about or even a torque converter would be good,

there is a bf 6hp26 gearbox but got told id have to send the tcm to be reprogramed?( seem to be mixed info on the net ) tried talking to the workshop but they don't wana talk about it, pretty much just said bring a box in and they will swap them over \

atm trans feels good, nothing weird happening  with it apart from the torque converter slowly playing up 

not looking at a built box as I just want to get it fixed so I can sell it ( have a baby due April so car has to go )

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 3m 2d

I don't think so. There are 3 types of stock zf6 converters afaik.

It probably doesn't matter which one you use though, they likely have a slightly different stall speed. There might be someone on the forum who would know the actual difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 12d

That sounds way to cheap. I presume that means they're just doing a clean and friction change. You should spend extra and get the bushes, bearings and valve body done. Will be like brand new. 

• 2 weeks later...