Handling Improvement?

OvaTheDitch

• Member For: 3y 10m 2d

Hello I was wondering about the best way to improve my handling, and so far im in the process of buying and installing king springs sports lowered suspension all round with monroe gt shocks. Only thing is, I dont know if the nolathane bump stops I bought are gonna be ok to use with this new setup seeing as it says it needs shortened bumpstops.😅 also planing on doing the diff cradle bushes and swing arms since they're all shagged, I have an xr6 mkII BF 2007 and any other tips for increasing my handling and speed would be appreciated. thanks!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

well speed is the easy part, in terms of straight line speed... but corner speed is not the falcon's forte... but the best basic suspension mods you can do for a falcon are to stiffen it up like you're doing with the springs and shocks and bushes. The problem is all of these things take a little bit of the refinement of the car away piece by piece as you push onwards through each level of suspension mods. Those bump stops might need to be trimmed.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Thanks 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 20d

Keithy is right but damper adjustable coilovers is the best way to get a falcon to handle as best as it can. I have teins and full soft for the street and full hard on slicks for the track for full #racecar.

Poly bushes all up front help with turn in and sharpens everything up, I wouldnt say that takes too much refinement away and a bf unless replaces already probably has shagged bushes all round which wont help anything.

U can make a falcon handle decent, trim out body roll and sharpen up response, it cant ever be a light nimble little thing that you can chuck into roundabouts. But with grip, good wheel alignment adjustable coilovers and a race track it can get a lot better. Very hard to do on the street though as the line between losing it and hammering through the corners is a very fine line and one you should really only test at the track.

• Like 2