4321 Legacy Donating Member 257 Member For: 12y 6m 8d Posted 06/06/19 07:20 AM Posted 06/06/19 07:20 AM Hi, I'm getting annoyed about the induction noise of my turbo side air filter. Is there any way of quietening it down? I have found a 'under' battery air filter but it is for BA/BF wonder if this would fit? But the next problem will be where do I fit the trans cooler? At 440rwkw will the PWR kit be alright? (the one that's next to the gearbox) or is it best to frount mount the cooler?
camo86T Legacy Donating Member 1,810 Member For: 12y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 06/06/19 07:26 AM Posted 06/06/19 07:26 AM First of all - sacrilege It's the noise of angels being ingested What kit do you have on there, plaz, PW or something else? Getting rid of any ally/steel bends and replacing with silicone will make a difference 1
OZYWALKER XR50T Legacy Donating Member 2,795 Member For: 13y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Western Sydney Posted 06/06/19 10:04 AM Posted 06/06/19 10:04 AM Line the inside of the airbox with foam pr rubber insulation.You can get it from most HVAC joints but Bunnings or other hardware stores may sell adhesive backed rubber or foam sheets of insulation. 1
4321 Legacy Donating Member 257 Member For: 12y 6m 8d Posted 06/06/19 07:23 PM Author Posted 06/06/19 07:23 PM It,s got a alloy bend. I have even thought of making a box which is open at the frount so (in theory) most of the noise is away from the cabin but I'll try these 2 suggestions first. thanks for your input
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now