15s on ba xr6

dutchy351

• Member For: 10y 2m 25d

Hi guys

First of all over done some searching and I'm struggling to find much info on this topic

After doing some research, chatting with people ect I bought a set of 15x8 5.5" bs wheels for the rear of my ba xr6 turbo. The issue I'm running into is they foul on the lower control arm and it looks like I'll need at least a 10mm spacer to make then fit which I'm not willing to do. The guys I've previously spoken to both have bfs, or with 15x8 pro stars which he said fit straight on, no spacers,no fouling. The second I spoke to has wheels from the same company purchased from in the same size/backspace but a slightly different style and said he needed 3mm spacers to make them fit without touching the control arm. 

Is there a difference in rear cradle from ba-bf?

I'm curious on other people's opinions on fitting 15s on a ba xr6. What 15s fit, what wheels need spacers ect. I'm especially after opinion from anyone who has put a 15x8" 5.5" backspace pro stars that can confirm they fit directly before I make another purchase and run into issues. 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

standard backspace on 8 inch rim with +36 is 5.9 inch backspacing. So 5.5 should fit. I have run 7.2 inch backspacing. BA and BF are the same.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

No not 15 only 18 -19. I see your issue.  You need  less backspacing 

They do fit. Here is BA with 15 on the rear.

dfCJ6Sn.jpg

YFymIB1.jpg

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 10y 2m 25d

From what I've seen or heard, pro stars fit in an 8x15 5" backspace. But I'm really looking for confirmation 100% of backspace and fitment without any spacers ect from somebody that has fit them onto a ba. They just seem far and few between. 

I'm also confused if they do fit as to why the wheels I bought don't if they're the same size, width and backspace.