wiggy Member 14 Member For: 22y 7m 4d Location: Geelong Posted 02/03/04 02:57 AM Posted 02/03/04 02:57 AM Gday all,I am looking at purchasing a XR6T and I want leather seats. I have heard all of the things that everyone has said about the regular leather (ie slipping etc). I am just wondering if anyone has seen the XR Leather (ie the suede in the middle) live ??? and if they have what did tehy think ???I have seen the pictures of it and I am not sure if it is the way to go or not.CheersWiggy :hiwelcome:
aztech Member 22 Member For: 22y 10m 17d Posted 02/03/04 03:26 AM Posted 02/03/04 03:26 AM I have the "sports leather" and I am really hapy with it so far (3 days). The door trims also have the suede inserts, which look really good IMO. Had the perforated leather in my old AUII XR8 and you definately slipped around more than this new stuff (not at all )Cheers
wiggy Member 14 Member For: 22y 7m 4d Location: Geelong Posted 02/03/04 04:51 AM Author Posted 02/03/04 04:51 AM I am a bit worried about the cleaning side of it. Did the Ford dealership mention any cleaning tips/requirements ????
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/03/04 06:29 AM Posted 02/03/04 06:29 AM I was told the Sports Leather had a treatment like scotchguard that resisted spills. I have seen SL and I did not hessitate for one minute and ordered it. I was not a fan of leather until we got our new Kluger and the lether is awsome, but slippery, that's why I went SL not standard leather in the XR6T.
loop Member 49 Member For: 22y 10m 22d Location: North Central Victoria Posted 02/03/04 07:48 AM Posted 02/03/04 07:48 AM Ive had the sports leather for about 3 months and it still looks like new.Worth every cent.
davef Member 42 Member For: 22y 10m 9d Posted 02/03/04 10:17 AM Posted 02/03/04 10:17 AM I have the sports leather and glad I ordered it over the std leather. It doesn't get hot and you dont slip around.I must admit though I am a bit more careful about the choccy bars than I might be with std leather. Not sure how well it will clean.You also have to be careful to vacuum well into the creases to get any dust out that might build up.overall a good choice, & they look great
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 02/03/04 04:16 PM Posted 02/03/04 04:16 PM The door trims also have the suede inserts, which look really good IMO. Would anyone know if the suede inserts for the doors could be purchased for somewhere? If so how much and from where?Geea.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 02/03/04 11:14 PM Posted 02/03/04 11:14 PM I like the normal leather looks more euro in my opinion.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now