Zf cooler

Benji81

• Member For: 5y 10m 1d

Putting an external cooler on my bf with zf 6 speed 

Behind front bumper wheel arch 

Does it need a fan ?

Cooler is an engine cooler 10inch x 7inch  thinking taking out fog lamps and putting in mesh 

That way it gets air 

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

I think so, that's where mine is. It will sit around 55-65 degree on open road but once it hits traffic or drive hard for period of time, temp will go up. I have the davies craig one with a digital temp selector its set at 79 degrees, it never goes over watching torque app. I put silicon reducer in the fog light hole 5" to 4" gets a good airflow then but probably doesn't need it, but the fog lights look like a frog to me so they had to go. Also, you can cut or bend up the front wheel arch trim or whatever its called to get some exit flow going. My fan pushes through from front.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Needs air flow.  If you want air flow from the fog light you really need the fan behind the cooler. 

Depending what model car and intercooler you have it can be fitted in behind the grille. 

You can't run the fan that way unless you take wheel arch inner out. You still get airflow the fan isn't running all the time. Plenty of airflow especially if you are not running the fog light.

Edited by adams355

Why though, if its further forward where will the exhaust air exit. You will definitely have to modify inner then also will be more likely to be damaged if not running fog light. Also, that's the most practical place for it in regards to solid fit up. Makes sense to push not pull in that area. Though many pull... :mosking:

Edited by adams355

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

For the same reason this radiator setup is not as efficient . Most people are smart, some are just dumb and dont know better.:mosking:

If you have no external air then if doesnt matter push or pull.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

I use this for my engine oil on F6.  If you want a cooler and fan setup , best to buy it as a unit 

http://www.bmracing.com/products/70298-oil-cooler-medium-hi-tek-cooling-system-with-fan-350-cfm-rating/?query=Supercooler