My_XR6_Turbo Member 282 Member For: 22y 2m Posted 05/03/18 02:37 AM Posted 05/03/18 02:37 AM Hi guys, I have a BF Mk II with Plazmaman 1000hp cooler, 3" cold side piping, battery relocation, flapper mod, 12 PSI actuator, 42Lbs injectors, 255l Fuel pump, 200 cat, center muffler delete and 2 new O2 sensors. I had the engine light come on and I get P0172 System too Rich Bank 1. I also get RXE and ROR codes. What causes rich and what is ROR and RXE? Many thanks in advance,
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 05/03/18 02:58 AM Posted 05/03/18 02:58 AM Does your car run and idle ok? Code P0172 is set when when the long term fuel trim is lower than the threshold in the tune. Although my car didn't set a code I had issues with my car gradually richening up until it almost stalled and it was fixed by replacing the O2 sensor in the front. The rear sensor is switched off in the tune. Perhaps your rear sensor is still switched on and is getting messed up by the aftermarket cat? I have no idea what the other codes are but I'll see what I can find out.
My_XR6_Turbo Member 282 Member For: 22y 2m Posted 05/03/18 03:09 AM Author Posted 05/03/18 03:09 AM Thanks for the reply. The car "seems" to run ok. If in park and I bring the revs up a bit you can hear it kinda pops if that makes sense. I'll try and get a video tonight. If I clear the code it will be ok for 2 weeks then just pop up. I think both sensors are on. When I did a log I saw this.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now