SHMIKO_S14A New Member 22 Member For: 9y 3m 1d Posted 09/08/17 11:53 PM Posted 09/08/17 11:53 PM Hey guys, looking at putting a complete M86 cradle into my BA XT auto sedan preferably with a 3.73 ratio. How much work is involved and which models of falcon cradles will bolt in? I've got my eyes on a BF 3.73 at the moment from a 6 speed manual, will this be an easy enough installation? Also, the one I'm looking at seems to have vented rear rotors, I thought the BA/BF all had solid rear disks. Any ideas on that? Cheers guys.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/08/17 02:18 AM Posted 10/08/17 02:18 AM (edited) 22 bolts. Yes. Later model had vented rears. XT driveshaft won't fit turbo/v8 diff/m86 diff. Rear CV flange is smaller on m78 Edited 10/08/17 02:52 AM by Ralph Wiggum
SHMIKO_S14A New Member 22 Member For: 9y 3m 1d Posted 12/08/17 12:34 PM Author Posted 12/08/17 12:34 PM Thanks mate, appreciate the info. So it's pretty much a bolt in job but I'll have to get a prop shaft from the M86 setup to line up with the new diff? If I am doing the whole diff in the cradle with the driveshafts, hubs, rotors, calipers etc, I'm assuming it shouldn't matter about the CV flange because it's all M86 stuff.
JVK Legacy Donating Member 751 Member For: 20y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: North West Hot Hell,VIC Posted 12/08/17 08:58 PM Posted 12/08/17 08:58 PM Correct,
SHMIKO_S14A New Member 22 Member For: 9y 3m 1d Posted 15/08/17 09:06 AM Author Posted 15/08/17 09:06 AM Thanks mate
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now