NYOPA Team Blueprint Legacy Donating Member 312 Member For: 22y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/02/04 11:08 PM Posted 21/02/04 11:08 PM HI EveryoneI hope smeone can help me. My T is now 4000 k's old and I decided to take a load of rubbish to the tip. I went to plug the trailer in and found a 12 pin plug on it?I went to the auto shop and he said it was very rare. I rang my dealer and they said that any repco store can help me...... wrong! All they can do is sell me the plugs and I can wire it myself (they cant get me the wiring diagram) :( So here are my 2 questions if you know1. What plug have you got on your tow pack.2. does anyone know where I can get an adaptor from the 12 pin plug (XR6T) to a small round 7 pin plug (trailer).
Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 16d Location: Adelaide Posted 21/02/04 11:49 PM Posted 21/02/04 11:49 PM This is one reason we got a dealer-fit, local tow-pack on Mrs Z's car. Our dealer said the factory one came with an unusual plug that is the go in Vic, but rare elsewhere!zeke
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 22/02/04 12:49 AM Posted 22/02/04 12:49 AM Repco should be able to source one for you.......Ring round a couple your bound to find somebody who know's what there talkin about.Let your fingers do the walkin. :lol: Failing that I could get one down here from any autopart's store and send it to you cost + postage.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/02/04 12:59 AM Posted 22/02/04 12:59 AM Take it easy on me here, ive been away from work for the last week and a bit! I believe ALL factory Falcon plug in wiring harnesses have the 12 pin plug. All the Falcon one's we have at work do anyway!!!!I think you can still plug your standard 7 pin in, it just doesnt cover up all 12 pins, leaves the big 5 pins exposed at the top? Or sumfing like that...
sharkey Member 337 Member For: 22y 9m Posted 22/02/04 02:43 AM Posted 22/02/04 02:43 AM I think you can still plug your standard 7 pin in, it just doesnt cover up all 12 pins, leaves the big 5 pins exposed at the top? Or sumfing like that... MS700 is right ,except on mine the 7 pins I use are on the top.You should be able to buy a 7 pin square to 7 pin round adapter anywhere.
NYOPA Team Blueprint Legacy Donating Member 312 Member For: 22y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/02/04 09:28 AM Author Posted 22/02/04 09:28 AM Well I am impressed, what a great team everyone on here makes.Your of course right and my old 7 pin plug fits straight in. everyone who replied I only wish I could help out in some way with an audio question etc.Thanks a million
teebone Member 183 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Location: South of Melbourne, near the sea Posted 22/02/04 09:49 AM Posted 22/02/04 09:49 AM Well I am impressed, what a great team everyone on here makes.Your of course right and my old 7 pin plug fits straight in. everyone who replied I only wish I could help out in some way with an audio question etc.Thanks a millionConfused the hell out of me and the local auto shops as well until I called into the dealer.the next confusing thing (half a day of messing around) was that the factory hadnt connected the tow-pack loom plug up
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 10m Posted 23/02/04 01:47 AM Posted 23/02/04 01:47 AM Yep just connects to the top rung of doovers.If you had a five pin it would go on the bottom rung of doovers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now