NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 24d Posted 18/07/16 01:16 AM Author Posted 18/07/16 01:16 AM Yeah I know. Miss my old XR6T! 1
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 24d Posted 18/07/16 03:36 AM Author Posted 18/07/16 03:36 AM Strangely, only the very first plug had rust, the others were fine. The rubber seal under the plastic cover was in excellent condition and there was no sign of water egress near any of the coil packs or anywhere else under the cover.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/07/16 05:30 AM Posted 18/07/16 05:30 AM Are you sure you have the correct plugs. 1.3mm gap??
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/07/16 05:32 AM Posted 18/07/16 05:32 AM 1.3mm is correct for the NA engine RRon
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/07/16 05:35 AM Posted 18/07/16 05:35 AM (edited) FR5EI-13. I know that. Looks like he has 1.1mm. Although that would work fine. With all the falcons I have I keep 1.3. 1.1. 0.9 and 0.7 mm plugs in stock. Ford come to me for parts..... Edited 18/07/16 05:39 AM by arronm 1
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/07/16 06:01 AM Posted 18/07/16 06:01 AM righto Phil...
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/07/16 06:11 AM Posted 18/07/16 06:11 AM You know ,one day ,on a weekend I will have a part you need. And I will be happy to supply..
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 24d Posted 18/07/16 07:33 AM Author Posted 18/07/16 07:33 AM Yes they are 1.3mm. Car idles very smoothly and doesn't have any rough idle or anything. I am happy to stay with the recommended gapping.
Guest Guests Posted 18/07/16 07:45 AM Posted 18/07/16 07:45 AM 7 hours ago, NickBA-XR6T said: Just purchased the car recently. In great condition bodywise and runs smooth. Was just down on power and economy. Obviously this is a contributing factor. I also just changed the plugs over the weekend, they were also due for a change by the look of it. always look good in silver. Congrats on the purchase. Looks mint
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 24d Posted 18/07/16 07:46 AM Author Posted 18/07/16 07:46 AM Thanks! Yes I am really happy, very neat and tidy car.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now