BA MK2 XR6 Turbo Clicking Noise at Idle

nobb91

• Member For: 15y 9m 10d

If there was water in there then you'd already know about it - the car would run on 4 or 5 cylinders.  When water gets down one of the holes it shorts out the spark plug.  

I just figured that the right rear bolt isn't doing a whole lot there, so might as well be relocated to fill that hole.

Just don't do it up very tight - it's easy to strip the threads.

Edited by PhilMeUp

• Member For: 8y 30d
17 hours ago, PhilMeUp said:

If there was water in there then you'd already know about it - the car would run on 4 or 5 cylinders.  When water gets down one of the holes it shorts out the spark plug.  

I just figured that the right rear bolt isn't doing a whole lot there, so might as well be relocated to fill that hole.

Just don't do it up very tight - it's easy to strip the threads.

yeah cool thanks ill make sure to change the bolts over. drove the car to work today and when idling at the lights the car felt like it was shaking a little not much. I looked down the needle was going up and down very very slightly but enough to still be annoying plus also feels like its not boosting properly. booked it into another mechanic next Wednesday hopefully can figure out all these bloody issues. knowing my luck the thing will probably blow up before Wednesday.

thanks again everyone.