velocityxr6t Member 122 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Posted 19/11/15 09:06 AM Posted 19/11/15 09:06 AM Gentlemen,I have a set of 6 pot brembos that I need some replacement mounting bolts for. After searching high and low it appears about the only place I can get them is from ford. And yeah, I need a vin number for bolts.....TLDR need a 6 pot factory car vin number to purchase replacement bolts.If anyone feels generous and would lend me there number I'd very much appreciate it.
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 19/11/15 09:50 AM Posted 19/11/15 09:50 AM Talk to matt at race brakes sydney im sure he could hook you up.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/11/15 10:50 AM Posted 19/11/15 10:50 AM Do you want me to go and measure a spare set of bolts I have? 1
PhilMeUp Member 1,045 Member For: 18y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 19/11/15 10:55 AM Posted 19/11/15 10:55 AM (edited) Gentlemen,I have a set of 6 pot brembos that I need some replacement mounting bolts for. After searching high and low it appears about the only place I can get them is from ford. And yeah, I need a vin number for bolts.....TLDR need a 6 pot factory car vin number to purchase replacement bolts.If anyone feels generous and would lend me there number I'd very much appreciate it. Sent mine through... VINs can be found on auction sites easily enough.Description: 12/07, Ford Performance Vehicles, F6 Typhoon, BF Mk II R Spec, SedanColour: Black Transmission: Manual Engine: PetrolRegistration: No RegistrationGST Status: GST Included in Sale PriceWOVR Status: Statutory WriteoffVIN: 6FPAAAJGSW7P43580Location: Milperra, NSWhttp://www.pickles.com.au/damaged-salvage/item/-/details/CP-12-07--Ford-Performance-Vehicles--F6-Typhoon--BF-Mk-II-R-Spec--Sedan/202401504Not the average engine bay:http://picklescdn.cachefly.net/getPublicStockImage%3Fid=4918834If anyone has seen my Tornado threads and is thinking that they’d also like to have an FPV ute project, then here’s one for you:http://www.pickles.com.au/damaged-salvage/item/-/details/CP-05-05--Ford-Performance-Vehicles--F6-Typhoon--Utility-Extended-Cab/252431148Or, maybe not. Edited 19/11/15 10:57 AM by PhilMeUp
velocityxr6t Member 122 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Posted 19/11/15 11:25 AM Author Posted 19/11/15 11:25 AM (edited) Cheers Phil. Legend. I did check carsales but they don't openly show them anymore. Didn't remember seeing them on Pickles until you mentioned it.Ralph,If they're m12x70x1.5 socket cap head full thread from a brembo setup I'll take em. Edited 19/11/15 11:26 AM by velocityxr6t
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/11/15 11:32 AM Posted 19/11/15 11:32 AM We'll I can tell you they aren't 15mm pitch they are finer than that. Wasn't offering them for sale nearly measurement sake. Ford price (if available available) will make your eyes bleed
velocityxr6t Member 122 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Posted 19/11/15 11:46 AM Author Posted 19/11/15 11:46 AM There's a dot in the middle ralphy. 1.5mm.Best part of $18 dollars each I according to the parts guy I spoke to today.
PhilMeUp Member 1,045 Member For: 18y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 19/11/15 04:39 PM Posted 19/11/15 04:39 PM I have a set of 6 pot brembos that I need some replacement mounting bolts for. Do you mean the bolts that attach the caliper to the car?ie the ones labelled 15mm - they are used on standard and Brembo calipers. Get some from a wreck if you don't have your previous ones:or the smaller ones that are on standard calipers?
velocityxr6t Member 122 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Posted 19/11/15 04:53 PM Author Posted 19/11/15 04:53 PM No, I'm talking about the ones that mount the caliper to the bracket. Not the bracket to the spindle.
PhilMeUp Member 1,045 Member For: 18y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 19/11/15 05:32 PM Posted 19/11/15 05:32 PM No, I'm talking about the ones that mount the caliper to the bracket. Not the bracket to the spindle.Ah. These ones?From: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/90499-photo-essay-swapping-brembo-calipers-between-babf-and-fg/?hl=fg+bracket.#entry1543939 While the bolts were out I measured them. The threads are 70mm long, the width is M12 and the thread is a 1.5. I posted some bolt dimensions for 4 piston Brembo calipers as well a while ago:http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/90508-photo-essay-rebuilding-brembo-calipers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now