rosco426 New Member 14 Member For: 15y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/11/15 09:20 AM Posted 07/11/15 09:20 AM Hi guys,Just wondering if anyone here has bought any of these and tried them. Just a bit suss because they are in the UK and not sure how they would fit.http://stores.ebay.com.au/TOP-GAITERS-BOOTS/FORD-/_i.html?rt=nc&_nkw=FG&_fsub=1148307016&_sid=668506186&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=1Keen to hear anyones experience with them.
stiv6 Member 52 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Posted 07/11/15 01:23 PM Posted 07/11/15 01:23 PM I have there leather gear boot, quality and look is 10 times better than the fake leather ford use but because it is real leather it also thicker and the install around the frame can be difficult, but once its on theres no need to remove it again.You will have to remove the gear knob to install it though.
rosco426 New Member 14 Member For: 15y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/11/15 04:01 AM Author Posted 08/11/15 04:01 AM Thanks for the info, cheers.Looking at buying all 3 bits, already have a custom interior so it will match better.I might post a photo up once I install them and let people know what they're like.Thanks again.
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 10/11/15 12:24 AM Posted 10/11/15 12:24 AM Rosco, fark me, you have no idea how long I have been looking for these guys. Fark it must be over 2 years now.I had previously tried to add the seller to my favorites and must have forgotten to click on save.I have since been trying to find this guy so I can get a gear lever boot and the center console cover.Now that I got no money, I cant buy anything. just spent my tax return on a new pc monitor. lol.At least now I have saved the page.Only thing left on my list is to get a replacement gear knob
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/11/15 03:38 AM Posted 10/11/15 03:38 AM Just grab one of these puppies marco 1
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 10/11/15 05:10 AM Posted 10/11/15 05:10 AM Ahh f*cken Gold. When did you get it done Tim?I hope your misses hasn't been riding it instead of you.Nah, I might get something like this:Thurple is a good colour. It's a pitty it don't have 6th 1
f-wolf Member 897 Member For: 19y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 01/12/15 01:18 AM Posted 01/12/15 01:18 AM Just got one of these !!SUPER Happy !! http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/I.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=FITS+FORD+FPV%21+BLACK+GEAR+ALCANTARA+SHIFT+BOOT+REPLACE+ORANGE+STITCHED+USA+DIY&_sacat=0http://postimg.org/image/guxo7gm5n/http://postimg.org/image/cjic9r08v/http://postimg.org/image/aiuqo42x9/Once I got the Gear-Knob off... I used a black marker pen to mark a few spots...There was no problem putting it all back together again.You do NOT have to cut anything !!When putting the new Leather-Boot over the metal ring I used a pliers type hole punch where the small metal lugs go through.When putting the parts back together be gentle but firm as not to damage anything.From Ford :( ??http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-FORD-BA-BF-GEAR-LEVER-BOOT-FOR-5-6-SPEED-MANUAL-GEARBOX-BA27277A1-/261319418999?hash=item3cd7d9e477:m:mqrAJN8waCSTcvBHzpFVYlAPS, Found that the Gear-Stick tread is tapered to hold Gear-Knob in place! Could not see any Loctite.Will post picture when back in car.
f-wolf Member 897 Member For: 19y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 01/12/15 01:51 AM Posted 01/12/15 01:51 AM (edited) Correction !!Re, Found that the Gear-Stick tread is tapered to hold Gear-Knob in place!NO it's NOT !!I think I need new Eyes !! :( Edited 01/12/15 01:53 AM by f-wolf
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now