Superpro Sway Bar Bushes

old_mate

• Member For: 18y 2m 15d

I have now replaced nearly every single bush in the G6E with superpro; fitted shockworks coilovers etc etc. Drives awesome. Except I have a problem. Every weekend for the last few I have found myself having to re grease the sway bar bushes. It doesn't matter if I grease them normally or smother the sh*t all over the Bush; it's fine until Thursday morning drove to work and by Fridays journey up the gutter to put the car away I'm cursing.

I am thinking I'll go back to genuine if the consensus is they are just a noisy POS bush. Anyone been down this path before? I have done every single other bush in the front and rear with superpro excluding front shock lower mount - kept them rubber - and not a noise heard. I'm using genuine superpro grease too.

Cheers.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 5d

How tight are the bushes in the saddles? They should be tight enough so there's no slop but loose enough that the bar moves under its own weight.

If they are excessively tight they will force the grease out. A couple of washers under the saddle can help reduce the crush on the bush.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 4d

Pics of crushed bush?

• Like 1

• Member For: 18y 2m 15d

Should sway bars have much side to side movement?

It would appear I need some spacers (which I unfortunately dont have) as the saddles are crushing the bush a fair bit, but what I have noticed are marks on the shockworks struts where the bar has been hitting.

Swaybar links were replaced recently with ones from Wholesale Suspension.

I thought I kept the old bushes which would have got me out of drama but it would appear I actually threw them out. Which is annoying because I am well known for hoarding sh*t.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 3d

I bought lateral locking pins for the rear swaybar....front kit already has them I believe

But my bars still seem to move sometimes (the front one shifted to the left) so IDK......TBH though, I'm not even really feeling the benefits hey :(

Unless I need the lowered suspension to maximise the stiffness. meh

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 4d

Maximise stiffness wherever possible

Just don't go too stiff or something might break (ouch)

:turboboink:

Seriously though maybe the boaty stock suspension is holding you back like you say. I did suspension and then the front swaybar afterwards and noticed it.

• Like 1