old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/10/15 10:53 AM Posted 30/10/15 10:53 AM I have now replaced nearly every single bush in the G6E with superpro; fitted shockworks coilovers etc etc. Drives awesome. Except I have a problem. Every weekend for the last few I have found myself having to re grease the sway bar bushes. It doesn't matter if I grease them normally or smother the sh*t all over the Bush; it's fine until Thursday morning drove to work and by Fridays journey up the gutter to put the car away I'm cursing. I am thinking I'll go back to genuine if the consensus is they are just a noisy POS bush. Anyone been down this path before? I have done every single other bush in the front and rear with superpro excluding front shock lower mount - kept them rubber - and not a noise heard. I'm using genuine superpro grease too.Cheers.
stiv6 Member 52 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Posted 30/10/15 11:11 AM Posted 30/10/15 11:11 AM If there aftermarket bars try sanding the paint of bars where the bushes locate on it
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/10/15 11:41 AM Author Posted 30/10/15 11:41 AM (edited) Nah factory bar. Edited 30/10/15 11:42 AM by old_mate
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/10/15 12:49 PM Posted 30/10/15 12:49 PM How tight are the bushes in the saddles? They should be tight enough so there's no slop but loose enough that the bar moves under its own weight. If they are excessively tight they will force the grease out. A couple of washers under the saddle can help reduce the crush on the bush.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 30/10/15 12:54 PM Posted 30/10/15 12:54 PM Pics of crushed bush? 1
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 31/10/15 03:35 AM Author Posted 31/10/15 03:35 AM (edited) Mmm I will check crush tomorrow when I jack it up. Truth be told I didn't even think of that. Edited 31/10/15 03:35 AM by old_mate
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 02/11/15 11:28 AM Author Posted 02/11/15 11:28 AM Should sway bars have much side to side movement?It would appear I need some spacers (which I unfortunately dont have) as the saddles are crushing the bush a fair bit, but what I have noticed are marks on the shockworks struts where the bar has been hitting.Swaybar links were replaced recently with ones from Wholesale Suspension.I thought I kept the old bushes which would have got me out of drama but it would appear I actually threw them out. Which is annoying because I am well known for hoarding sh*t.
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 03/11/15 01:16 AM Posted 03/11/15 01:16 AM I bought lateral locking pins for the rear swaybar....front kit already has them I believeBut my bars still seem to move sometimes (the front one shifted to the left) so IDK......TBH though, I'm not even really feeling the benefits hey :( Unless I need the lowered suspension to maximise the stiffness. meh
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 03/11/15 04:33 AM Posted 03/11/15 04:33 AM Maximise stiffness wherever possibleJust don't go too stiff or something might break (ouch)Seriously though maybe the boaty stock suspension is holding you back like you say. I did suspension and then the front swaybar afterwards and noticed it. 1
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/11/15 06:48 AM Author Posted 03/11/15 06:48 AM Oh I very much doubt I'd feel a difference going back to rubber. I just like the colour blue haha.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now