Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d
Posted

hi,

just bought and installed a set of xyz coilovers in my fg xr6t sedan.

I have set the car to the height I want just a little confused on how to correctly set the rear shocks.

it says to set the height I want with the spring and adjust the shock so the spring is nor compressed or loose, drive around the block then adjust the shock rod so it is 1/3 into the shock body with the car on the ground.

how am I meant to adjust or measure the shock rod with the car on the ground?separate_spring_shock_instructions.pdf

post-69429-0-85721900-1437999490_thumb.p

  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 19y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Macksville NSW.
Posted

Good question actually..... :ermm:

From what I've been told, you need to reset the wheel alignment whenever you fit/alter the ride height on coilovers.....
So being the slacker that I am I usually drop the car off with instructions on how high I want it and let the pros set it up for me..... :ok:

Comes back perfect every time mate..... :beerchug:

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Skinny arms.

Or put it on a 4 post hoist and do it, or jack up the car, remove the wheels, jack the lower control arm until you take the weight of the car and then adjust the shock.

I set my rears by measuring the shock mount bolt centre to bolt centre with a tape measure then measuring the compressed and extended length of the shock, apply some maths and you will get the shock length

Take the difference between the compressed and extended length and times it by .33 then add this to the compressed length this will give you the shock length when installed (which should be pretty close the bolt centre to bolt centre measurement for the shock mounts on the car)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...