09 G6Et Dual Zone Climate Control Problem

josh883

• Member For: 10y 2m 18d

Could anyone tell me if there is a common problem with the fg dual zone climate control system?

At the moment mine is playing up. When I set both sides to hot on the display the passenger side stays cool no matter what temperature I put both sides to.

Any help would be appreciated.

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

This happens to mine every now and then so I suffer it out till I get home and when I start the car the next day, everything works fine.

I just put it down to being 'a Ford' :)

• Member For: 9y 7m 20d

Disconnecting the battery is a good option. But if the battery is getting a bit old it will only temporarily solve the problem.

I found this when out when I used Forscan (Android Beta) to reset the 2 A/C fault codes, one HIM and another one I can't remember. I also had a faulty brake switch that kept faulting the dsc and traction control. So after resetting the A/C faults they would come back. Lived with it for a couple of weeks then dead battery one morning.

New battery in reset faults and since then no A/C fault codes and no issues with A/C. Brake switch still needed replacing so only cost $40 to fix that and reset the fault codes.

So far the ODBII wifi adapter and Forscan/Torque are the best investment I have made for the Ford.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where can I get one of the fault code readers?? I have herd about the old battery issue before. I just don't understand that if a battery can start your car why wouldn't it be right to operate the remaining equipment in your car???

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 3m 14d

I have the same issue, it's not battery related. Normally if the battery is faulty the air con just won't blow cold air. There's only three things that could cause the dual zone malfunction, 1. A faultly HIM, 2. A broken rod in the duct (common) 3. Faulty temp control actuator. Best place to start is watch the vid on YouTube that demonstrates how to remove the ICC. Access the heater module behind it. Inspect the flaps and rods in the ducting, if they're all functional next I'd start with the actuator. Unfortunately it costs $290 from ford. An electrician can test it. HIMs can be resourced from wreckers.

• Member For: 9y 7m 20d

Foscan is available at Forscan.org

Torque is available in the play or iPhone stores. Good for monitoring cars and recording data from your trips.

You will need a ODBII adapter to plug into your diagnostics port. scantool.net sell some good options. I have heard the wifi ones are not too reliable so Bluetooth might be the best option. You can also get cheaper ones from eBay but some of those are flaky.

I didn't think the battery would cause issues either, accessories are normally powered by the running engine I thought. Anyway I had the A/C fault and HIM fault and reset them, symptoms included hot air on the feet and cold air on the face/screen. So far after getting a new larger 630cca battery in there I have had no faults with anything. The original battery was 5 years old so probably overdue a replacement.

I'm looking at the problem being a broken rod. Can I just buy the single part from Ford spare parts? The bloke I brought the car off said this happend to him and told me not to change either side as it could happen again. I didn't listen... If it's a broken rod will I have to take the rest of the dash out? Is it the same job as the bf?

• Member For: 11y 3m 14d

Yep, the rods have part numbers on them, you can order them from ford parts, or cheaper on eBay. Getting to them is mildly difficult. Removing the ICC is relatively easy. Then the heater box is behind and below it.