sd1800 Member 51 Member For: 15y 8m 29d Posted 09/05/15 04:16 AM Author Posted 09/05/15 04:16 AM I'm having a fiddle with it today trying to clean the terminals and connections on the buttons but I'm stumped with the removal of the buttons? Once you have removed the airbag, how the hell do you unclip the buttons from the wheel????
sd1800 Member 51 Member For: 15y 8m 29d Posted 09/05/15 07:14 AM Author Posted 09/05/15 07:14 AM Thought I'd let anyone who's interested know that it looks like I've sorted it.I removed the airbag, but couldn't remove the switches. Nevertheless I sprayed the back of the cruise buttons with electrical contact cleaner, and also sprayed the terminals & plug of the clock spring with a whole lot of contact cleaner. I also bent the pins in the clock spring ever so slightly with needle nose pliers so it creates a better contact when plugged back in.Took it for a 90min drive and didn't play up once. Happy days! Hope this thread helps someone else in the future... 3
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/05/15 10:34 PM Posted 10/05/15 10:34 PM Nice work mate, and thanks for sharing what you found. For future reference Forscan can display parameters such as cruise control button state so in this case it would have been useful to diagnose the lost connection between the switch and harness
sd1800 Member 51 Member For: 15y 8m 29d Posted 11/11/18 04:43 AM Author Posted 11/11/18 04:43 AM Excuse the thread mine..... This problem keeps re-appearing!!! Today is the third time this problem has re-appeared in 3 years. I just used the search function and found my own forgotten thread from 3-4 years ago! Each time I've had issues I have just done the above fix and it has worked, but has anyone found a long term solution to this (the poor connection with the harness for the steering wheel buttons)? Getting sick of having to pull the steering wheel apart every 12 months.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now