avi8R Legacy Donating Member 27 Member For: 17y 1m 24d Gender: Male Posted 03/05/15 12:24 PM Posted 03/05/15 12:24 PM Hi guysMy FG XR6T currently has 130000kms on her and the plugs and coils have never been changed. I'm thinking of replacing the plugs with Iridium twin tip plugs and genuine Ford coils. Can anyone advise me from their experience any pros or cons. I tried searching but nothing comes up.PS I have Herrod pipes and Intake with PWR cooler but not running a tune.
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 2m 27d Gender: Male Posted 03/05/15 01:24 PM Posted 03/05/15 01:24 PM Let me just put my flame suit on[waterproofpants]The long life standard Iridiums should be fine but they do need to be gaped correctly. I'm not a huge fan of boosting the coils, and if there isn't a problem with your current ones I wouldn't change them. Personally I had an issue with one and swapped the lot with weaponx units. Didn't notice the difference until I had the spark map changed to suit. Real smooth now, really really smooth. If you're having other work done and you're looking to splash some coin, I'd recommend it. Other than that I wouldn't bother[/prepareforbutthurt]
Peppy_t92 Legacy Donating Member 748 Member For: 13y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool Posted 04/05/15 12:37 AM Posted 04/05/15 12:37 AM Fifty one is right about the weapon x coils, they have recently worked out how to make proper use of them, but they require some changes in the tune.. If your looking for longevity, stock plugs and coils are the best combo.. The cheaper copper plugs work just as well but require changing more frequently... In saying all this, if you already have a pipe and intake why not make use of it with a custom tune? You won't be disappointed 1
avi8R Legacy Donating Member 27 Member For: 17y 1m 24d Gender: Male Posted 04/05/15 01:08 PM Author Posted 04/05/15 01:08 PM Yeah I'm thinking that I should do the tune too. When I bought it 3and a half years ago I fitted 6pot Brembos IC and pipes straightaway but never got around to doing the tune. Just haven't had the time but now at 135km when Its due for plugs and probably a injector service it's probably money better spend on new injectors tune and plugs.How long do the stock coils usually last 150km? I normally change the lot when 1 fails for peace of mind.
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 2m 27d Gender: Male Posted 04/05/15 01:19 PM Posted 04/05/15 01:19 PM Well, I would think with no moving parts they should out last the car? 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now