Vertini Monaco Rims,, What Offsets?

skippy228

• Member For: 11y 11m 14d

Yeah it does it sits on the tyre from what I could feel not much room to put me hand under there

I think it mite be sumthing like yours in the pic

• Member For: 10y 5m 7d

If the rim hits it cant be a +35, if its just the tyre id say its the 35 series, you may need a 30.

Spacers are illegal in most states and they are only to correct the wrong offset, which you shouldn't need to as you bought brand new rims! Cant really believe they would suggest that....

Also machining a +15 to a 35 requires removing a substantial amount of material, is that safe?

Yeah I wouldn't think it would be to safe at all milling down that much ! Yeah I told them I'm not having spacers anyway ! How much clearance should there be between the control arm and the top of the tyre? I mite see if I can get a 30 tyre put on and see what happens ! The 275s with the +40 look good though not that they was on the car long lol ! I will try and see what the off set is my self seen sumthing on YouTube last nite where they show you how to work out your off sets lol

Yeah I wouldn't think it would be to safe at all milling down that much ! Yeah I told them I'm not having spacers anyway ! How much clearance should there be between the control arm and the top of the tyre? I mite see if I can get a 30 tyre put on and see what happens ! The 275s with the +40 look good though not that they was on the car long lol ! I will try and see what the off set is my self seen sumthing on YouTube last nite where they show you how to work out your off sets lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

a 20x8.5 +35 with a 245/35/20 will not rub on the control arm, and if it was a +15 that would mean it definitely wouldn't rub on the control arm as its 20mm further out from the control arm.

Also if it was a 15 machined down to a 35 I highly doubt the nuts would even seat anymore and hold the rim in place, that 20mm they would have got rid of!

I would say the tyre looks like too high of a profile or the offset is too high or both. Vertini also do a +42 with 8.5 wide rims so don't be surprised if that's what you actually have. I had to get an 8mm spacer to make them work. I would honestly take them back and say you want 2 new rims about +30-+35 no higher or lower and with a 245/35/20 you won't have dramas. Ozzy tyres have no idea what they're doing

• Like 1

Ok thanks mate I will try and contact them tomorrow and sort it out hope it's an easy process with them lol I'm guessing it's not going to be though. It did have 15 stamped on the inside ? Think this car is just bad luck even when I put my every thing on it all went to sh*t lol

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m

Guys. They start with a blank rim and machine the rear to suit offset. Then they drill the bolt hole to the correct depth

The blank will start as 5 x 114.3