Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 7d
Posted

Just wondering whos had a go at making they're own turbo side intake? Iv got 4 weeks off over christmas so wanting to play around with making one up. Basically just using either stainless or mild steel exhaust cut off and a pod. Is it better to go 3inch or 4inch? And how essential is it to box the pod?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, SOR
Posted

Look down a few threads, at DIY Cold Air Intake.

Info started there.

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 3m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Some say tune straight away, others say it's not a big deal. Does anyone have any past experiences or advice?

I want to put one on purely for sound, not fussed on extra power (if there is any)

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 8m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Made mine out of aluminum. Bought a 4 inch mandrel bend a 4 to 3inch 45 degree reducer and air filter from vpw then if you upgrade to bigger turbo you can just use a 4 inch silicone joiner. You need to upgrade piping as impossible to do with factory pipes I found. tighten your bov and you get heaps of noise. If you don't box it I guess more chance of drawing hot air from engine bay rather than colder air from behind headlight. I'm not an expert and don't claim to be just what I found doing my research before building mine.

post-55071-141932675432_thumb.jpg

post-55071-141932677266_thumb.jpg

post-55071-141932678959_thumb.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 7d
Posted

Looks good, yeah I had a dose pipe sitting next to the motor and it ran like sh*t, but seen a few running the filter behind the headlight unboxed so thinking it might be better

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, SOR
Posted (edited)

Made mine out of aluminum. Bought a 4 inch mandrel bend a 4 to 3inch 45 degree reducer and air filter from vpw then if you upgrade to bigger turbo you can just use a 4 inch silicone joiner. You need to upgrade piping as impossible to do with factory pipes I found. tighten your bov and you get heaps of noise. If you don't box it I guess more chance of drawing hot air from engine bay rather than colder air from behind headlight. I'm not an expert and don't claim to be just what I found doing my research before building mine.

What intercooler piping is that?

PW stepped?

Edit; asked you this question before.

PW stage 2.

Carry on.

Edited by GeGe6
  • in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Good work mate going about it yourself.

If you get a couple flogs on here dissing your work as you made it yourself just take it in your stride ;)

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...