NZBen Member 50 Member For: 12y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Auckland Posted 30/11/14 07:18 AM Posted 30/11/14 07:18 AM I am thinking about increasing my wall thickness from 40 to 45. At the moment I need new rears, so was thinking about changing them to 45, then when my fronts are gone I would change them too. My question is... will running different profiles have issues with the dsc abs etc? Any suggestions or tyres that really hook up and arent too bad in the wet?
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/11/14 07:35 AM Posted 30/11/14 07:35 AM What car
NZBen Member 50 Member For: 12y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Auckland Posted 30/11/14 08:05 AM Author Posted 30/11/14 08:05 AM Sorry... G6Et, 320rwkw std rims. 245/40/18 currently. I figure the 45 might give a better ride, slightly better gearing etc.
NZBen Member 50 Member For: 12y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Auckland Posted 30/11/14 08:06 AM Author Posted 30/11/14 08:06 AM Am thinking abt invos
hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 30/11/14 08:15 AM Posted 30/11/14 08:15 AM 45 profile new rears combined with worn 40 profile fronts may cause issues with the dsc and tc.Thought about chucking the fronts on tick if need be and getting them all at once?Hyper in penrose, Auckland are good to deal with and have tight prices- they are moving real soon so it may be a good chance to screw them down for a good deal- I got my invos through them.
(Locky) Member 85 Member For: 12y 9m 3d Gender: Male Posted 30/11/14 09:44 AM Posted 30/11/14 09:44 AM Mines a BFII, but I was in a similar positionChucked 225/40/19 on the front and still have the 235/35/19 (bit more streched too) on the rear and no issues so farWill chuck some 40's on them too when they die
08G6ET New Member 16 Member For: 12y 3m 24d Gender: Male Posted 05/12/14 04:53 PM Posted 05/12/14 04:53 PM I'm currently running 245/35R19 on the front and 245/40R19 on the rear of my G6ET. Completely stock, bar K&N air filter. I did get the tyre profile updated on the car via FORD IDS software as the my speedo was showing 80km/hr and actual road speed was 83km/hr. It's been like this for almost 6 months now. The speedo reads from the rear right wheel I think. No issues with ABS or traction control so far.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now