Dose Pipe

Ctyjet

• Member For: 12y 5m 4d

Wanting to fit a dose pipe this weekend to my fg xr6t, iv already blocked the blow off valve but I want it abit louder and more spool. just wondering is it better to relocate the battery and run the pipe to the front or is it ok to have a short pipe next to the motor. Will there be much difference in air intake and temps etc.

Thanks in advance

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Hot air is bad. Cold air is good.

Do a search for dose pipe in the box at the top right, change it to "forums" instead of "this topic" though. No shortage of theads!

• Member For: 12y 5m 4d

Yeah iv had a look through, most of it is how to do it or will my Fkn turbo spin backwards. Was more after if anyone has seen any changes to do with the filter sitting near the motor and any problems due to heat. It will be a temporary thing I will be doing turbo side intake at some stage but I have the material to do it so I thought id give it a go.

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 3d

I have a filter on the inlet of my turbo and it's fine, just heats oaks super quick. If you don't are about that go for it, I couldn't be bothered doing my whole intake again

• Member For: 10y 5m 5d

Ive had a bit of fly screen on there for sh*ts and giggles for a day or two. Now that's loud, my turbo didn't spin backwards and no baby animals were harmed. No boost cut either. Intake temps will climb though.

Edited by barnz