Bluetooth Obd2 Code Readers Any Good?

20pounds

• PC LOAD LETTER
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 10d

Check out the following thread about the device and app. I use the torque app and just ordered the small clear blue obd2 unit from an Aussie seller. So that it would sit behind the fuse cover if I wanted to leave it there.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/88462-Android-App-"torque"-Tips-And-Tricks-?

• Member For: 15y 7m 2d

Yeah I seen that about a minute after posting lol. I read the whole thing and now my brain hurts. You guys know your sh*t with this stuff and ill be following with interest. Do all them dongle things do the same thing or is there a better one than the other?

• PC LOAD LETTER
  • Donating Members

Yeah there is a whole heap of info there ! Some of the work the guys have put into it is great ! Just order the obd2 bluetooth... unless you want to connect it to the pc then you'll need the USB one.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=190868683257&alt=web

• Member For: 15y 7m 2d

I just ordered one of them clear blue ELM 327 V1.5 dongles. I have no idea on this stuff but ill try follow you guys on the other thread and learn something. I got an old s2 wonder if I can just use that and leave it in the car.

• Like 1

• PC LOAD LETTER
  • Donating Members

Beauty, should work a treat ! The s2 shouldn't be an issue as the app isnt really instensive. Setup might be a little bit of a pain while you try and pair the dongle to the phone then the app. Although if you get stuck plenty of info online.

• PC LOAD LETTER
  • Donating Members

The app let's you create multiple vehicle profiles that you can select. The obd2 will work on any obd port as long as the unit supports the scan bus / ISO the car is running.