envyit Member 103 Member For: 18y 7m 22d Posted 08/07/14 11:14 AM Posted 08/07/14 11:14 AM Hi guys just got a turbo ghia, I done a xr6t engine conversion in my old ba fairmont ghia and got 300rwkw out of it.Now my question is what mods should I be doing to reach around 300awkw and how long will auto last by doing mods? I know with the xr6t valve spreings are a must just not sure about these engines any help would be much appreciated.Also front mount cooler kits which is good and cheap?Thanks in advance Justin
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 08/07/14 11:26 AM Posted 08/07/14 11:26 AM if you go into the xr 6 turbo forum there is all the info you will need to start of with .its a good start mate .I am still doing my conversion from v8 to turbo 6 5 month and counting ,just about there . also if you have a look at the 300 club ,and read all the mods they have done to get it there may help you .
envyit Member 103 Member For: 18y 7m 22d Posted 08/07/14 11:36 AM Author Posted 08/07/14 11:36 AM sorry mate I must have worded it wrong lol I have a territory turbo ghia now so wanting to do mods to it to reach around 300awkw
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/07/14 11:41 AM Posted 08/07/14 11:41 AM Hearing allot about cop chips. Seem fairly abundant and effective. 3
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 08/07/14 11:54 AM Posted 08/07/14 11:54 AM (edited) Burnouts!!! Oh wait.Helis?PS any pics of the beast? There's an F6X here in WA with plates [TERRAEYES] that runs 11's and was seen at the last Powercruise I think, giving a lot of people a rude shock. Not sure on his mods though. Edited 08/07/14 11:56 AM by -Stever- 2
envyit Member 103 Member For: 18y 7m 22d Posted 08/07/14 12:05 PM Author Posted 08/07/14 12:05 PM No pics as yet I'm planning on starting with plazmaman front mount intercooler kit under battery intake injectors and xcal4 1
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 08/07/14 12:07 PM Posted 08/07/14 12:07 PM Burnouts!!! Oh wait.Helis?PS any pics of the beast? There's an F6X here in WA with plates [TERRAEYES] that runs 11's and was seen at the last Powercruise I think, giving a lot of people a rude shock. Not sure on his mods though.is that the one with the florist signs one the side .was there when it was at powercruise brisbane and it was fast
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 08/07/14 12:08 PM Posted 08/07/14 12:08 PM who is going to tune it ? ask them for mods to do ?
envyit Member 103 Member For: 18y 7m 22d Posted 08/07/14 12:14 PM Author Posted 08/07/14 12:14 PM Not sure on tuner as yet because of awd I currently deal with mpw in Melbourne with my hsv grange but they only have 2wd dyno
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 08/07/14 02:12 PM Posted 08/07/14 02:12 PM is that the one with the florist signs one the side .was there when it was at powercruise brisbane and it was fast Haven't seen any signs. It's that really dark green colour. Might be a mid to low 11's car but I'm not 100% sure.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now