Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Country Victoria
Posted

VDO has now released a version of their MS 5400 system to integrate with the BA premium sound/screen similar to the Blaupunkt system. One installer said that the system is bullet fast and easier to use than Blau.

I think they have already sold their first lot. Think it might be a little cheaper too. :smilielol:

  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Country Victoria
Posted
Any web links, price and dealers who support? thanks

I would say most car audio places that install Sat Nav stuff including VDO would be able to give you the info. It is just one of there standard units with the interface to match the BA range. :banghead:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hi Guys,

All I can say is "Don't believe everything that you hear".

I can guarantee you that Blau system is easier to use and the difference in speed is questionable!! (I have tested all models from Blau / Philips / VDO / and the street pilot)

Blau can offer a complete package including DVD playback..I don't think this is possible with VDO.

The RRP price might be cheaper for the VDO system, but that is just the Recommended Retail Price. Try asking the Blau dealer for a better price!

Reliability of such an expensive investment is also something to consider when purchasing.

See Yah!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Had a gander at a Blau system last night,was bloody awesome :ta:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Country Victoria
Posted
Hi Guys,

All I can say is "Don't believe everything that you hear".

I can guarantee you that Blau system is easier to use and the difference in speed is questionable!! (I have tested all models from Blau / Philips / VDO / and the street pilot)

Blau can offer a complete package including DVD playback..I don't think this is possible with VDO.

The RRP price might be cheaper for the VDO system, but that is just the Recommended Retail Price. Try asking the Blau dealer for a better price!

Reliability of such an expensive investment is also something to consider when purchasing.

See Yah!

You can definately add DVD, reversing camera's etc to the VDO. I actually asked an istaller and he said the VDO was by far the best system. :ta:

  • Upstanding Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 6d
  • Location: Canberra - ACT
Posted

Turbo Corty... The Blau NAV UNIT doesn't play DVD, MP3 or anythign else, that requires an extra unit (DVD player which is a stock off the shelf unit, plus that input switcher unit.

You're not exactly comparing your Apple (SAT NAV) with their APPLE (VDO Sat Nav) are you?

Let the VDO solution be fully described before you make rash assumptions...

A.

Guest P'cisT
  • Guests
Posted

What is the RRP for this system? Don't think they mention it on the website? I've been looking for SatNav for a while now, but not raelly interseted in incar DVD. Just waiting for prices to be reasonable. Bring on the competition I say!

  • Big Gun
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 24y
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

I spoke to the guy that installd my Blau dvd system a few months back, and he reckons the VDO satnav is heaps better. Better being quicker and easier to use. He said VDO were producing an adaptor for the BA so it looks like its finally here. I do rememebr the Blau SATNAV being much dearer than the VDO and the VDO one included a screen. I actually rang to find out if the VDO unit can be sold without the screen, using my current ICC so that would make it even cheaper and the fella said it most certainly can. Either way, get a good installer and steer away from backyard job adaptor thingys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...