Mcdonald Jones Homes

Azid

• Member For: 12y 7m

Hey guys

Just after some peoples experiences with McDonald jones homes, hopefully Newcastle hunter valley area but anywhere would be good.

We just got our council approvals back so mc jones has 20 working days to commence work. They say they are building within 4 months at the moment, on paper they have 6 months but I've heard horror stories.

If u have built with them how long did it take to be built from slab to key handover? Any issues to keep an eye out for? Happy? Unhappy? Any info is helpful and appreciated cheers guys

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 22d

Howdy Azid,

Sister in-law built with MJH Hunter Valley area (WINDELLA) about 2.5 years ago and never had an issue with them whats so ever. On the up side the house in beautifully built.

Time I don't know so cant answer that one. You must allow for weather etc etc I would be in in rush I would like the job done right than having problems later down the track.

Ive built before and about to do it again soon it will seem like at times nothing is getting then BAM your almost ready to move in. So just be patient mate exciting times ahead and good luck with the build.

Pics of build.

• Member For: 15y 4m 15d

We've just signed up. Nothing but good reports about MJ Homes. So far they've been really good to deal with. Start buulding about early May.

• Expert
  • Donating Members

Good news mate yeah keeps us up to date with the build.

I've just brought some land and will be rebuilding again soon. Cant find any houses that I like so though.............F*#k it ill build one that I want. Being my second house this time my budget is a lot bigger.............YA!!

• Expert
  • Donating Members

I agree we know a lot more second time round and know what to add where.

Were im am now the block is 888m2 (flat) brought it back in 2001 for $99k and the one I just brought is on 876m2 and slop big time from the road to the back fence is a fall of 9.5 metres.

So its a architect to design my new place.

Edited by ANGEL#3