genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 14d Posted 04/02/14 10:07 AM Posted 04/02/14 10:07 AM Hey guys I have a 2005 ba xr6t and recently ive been noticing a problem with the revs and it is getting worse.when almost coming to a stop or reversing my revs drop a fair bit and almost stall (this car is auto) and get some engine noise.Anyone have an idea of what it could be? it has got me scared.
f-wolf Member 897 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 04/02/14 11:27 AM Posted 04/02/14 11:27 AM Your Car still could have the old Throttle Position Sensor Unit.If it looks like this... its the new type. But if its got a depression on the flat surface you still got the old one...
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 14d Posted 04/02/14 07:14 PM Author Posted 04/02/14 07:14 PM so replace it with the new one if I still have the old one? and that should fix my problem?
silverjet New Member 14 Member For: 15y 10m 1d Gender: Male Posted 04/02/14 07:57 PM Posted 04/02/14 07:57 PM It might fix your problem. Do the TPS first as it will improve the overall situation then check your intake manifold gasket isnt leaking my BA t ran like a sack until I sorted the intake gasket and tps Sent from my anus using Tapatalk 2
f-wolf Member 897 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 04/02/14 09:17 PM Posted 04/02/14 09:17 PM (edited) My Car... 2005 BA MK2 Turbo 6 speed Manual.When cold would idle at 1200 rpm...When hot it should have been doing 750 rpm...But it used to dip below 750 rpm when pulled up at traffic lights...It used to go so low at times that it would stall...Sometimes it would go so low the Engine would make some " strange " noises but recover back to 750 rpm.I then replaced the TPS with the new Type and all was well after that.1200 rpm when cold... 750 rpm when hot. Edited 04/02/14 09:19 PM by f-wolf 1
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 14d Posted 05/02/14 04:11 AM Author Posted 05/02/14 04:11 AM that's my problem exactly f-wolf. where am I able to purchase the tps?
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 14d Posted 05/02/14 05:49 AM Author Posted 05/02/14 05:49 AM I was told that it could also be my battery, had someone test it and it was @ 144 cc which is low apparently and that could be the problem.
f-wolf Member 897 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 05/02/14 07:13 AM Posted 05/02/14 07:13 AM (edited) Re, ...where am I able to purchase the tpsTry Ebay.You must be very careful when you undo the 2 screws holding the unit in place !!And also when you put the screws back in.They are very easy to break off.Try to get some heat in to the area around the bolts before you try to get them out !!! Edited 05/02/14 07:19 AM by f-wolf
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 11/02/14 04:53 AM Posted 11/02/14 04:53 AM I had the same problem ages ago. When coming to a red light it would drop revs and stall, it became fairly frequent that I ended up putting it into neutral when coming to a stop, so then I could switch it back on quickly, was a pain in the ass..Dunno exactly what fixed the issue, I got a retune for some mods and the problem never came back, I always thought it was the tune that was the cause. Everywhere I asked said it was this or that but with no definite answer. Have you had your car tuned recently?
matsfgxr6turbo Member 388 Member For: 16y 7m 29d Posted 11/02/14 08:42 AM Posted 11/02/14 08:42 AM The problem is tony abbot I'm pretty sure he is responsible for everything at the moment because bill shorten says he is so it must be true. 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now