Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • RNS10S
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 24d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Don't know how to jump the existing icc display in to it though (or visa versa)

there are also a lot of unix distros that are being carved up for it now too.

This is the problem as the icc is cga

With my previous carpc I used a VGA to CGA convertor like below:

http://www.converters.tv/products/vga_to_pal/40.html

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Yeah, but this would either be a hdmi to cga with touch overlay, or somehow plumb the icc in to the Pi & replace the screen altogether

  • RNS10S
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 24d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Haven't seen any HDMI to CGA convertors, are these available?

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide, SA
Posted

I used a hdmi to vga cable into my cga board ($30 ebay special). Running a raspberry pi 2 b+. Running retropie distribution and openelec. Still ironing out the bugs though

https://youtu.be/uO_U10YgFmo

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

So, I take it the bugs you speak of are more the OS, not the graphical side?

Edited by FiftyOne
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide, SA
Posted

Trying to sort out the cga converter loosing its memory. As in position, contrast and brightness. As soon as it looses power settings are gone.

OS has a few but the bloke who programed it all ways keeps updating his distro.

Would love to get GPS and DTV incorporated to

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I'd like to have some sort of phone integration (sound/music/maybe calls)

Maybe just need a different converter?

  • 6 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 8d
Posted

I have just finished my carputer. I ended up using an old netbook with an SSD drive and a CGA to VGA converter. What I did was run constant power to the converter box for it to keep it's settings. I have left the car for 3 days and the battery is fine. I tried using all different carputer software but in the end I went with Kodi and used a carputer skin. I also installed Remote Phone (www.justremotephone.com) which allows me to answer my phone using the touch screen (Android phones). It does not allow Bluetooth audio pass through but it does allow you to answer and select speaker phone. It also displays your SMS's and if you want reply back to SMS's (not recommended while driving). If anyone is interested I can write something up.

  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...