XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 29/07/13 02:13 PM Posted 29/07/13 02:13 PM Hi allGot a ZF 6spd auto XR6 Turbo with the standard 2.73 LSD ratio in the diff. The diff has held up perfectly with 500rwhp and its done many drag sessions with slicks and Powercruise,..etc.But I'm looking to gain more off the line acceleration.I used to know, but I have since forgotten, which other diff gears from BA/BF's fit into my stock diff housing, or which diff centres I can put straight into my car, which have a ratio of around 3.23 or 3.72 or something close to that?Not really keen on putting in a True Trac or Kaaz centre as I'm pretty convinced the stock ones are strong enough and the LSD has worked perfectly every time for me so far.
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 29/07/13 02:23 PM Posted 29/07/13 02:23 PM 3.46 or 3.23 would be my choice
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/07/13 02:28 PM Posted 29/07/13 02:28 PM 3.45 or 3.46 can remember will be nice. But 1 and 2 in the six speed are low, so you are going to just turn the tyres to smoke.
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 29/07/13 02:35 PM Author Posted 29/07/13 02:35 PM Is the 3.46 a standard LSD ratio found in BA/BF's and if so which configuration? 4spd auto or 5spd manual..etc?Arron the loss of traction in 1st and 2nd doesn't really phase me its already a bit of a handful but the slicks make a huge difference on the track so hopefully they do their job
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/07/13 02:37 PM Posted 29/07/13 02:37 PM I think 3.46 std in XR8 6 speed man
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 29/07/13 02:45 PM Author Posted 29/07/13 02:45 PM (edited) Ok so the XR8 6 speed manual comes with a 3.46 LSD centre, any idea if that fits straight into the XR6 turbo diff housing or is it easier to just get a complete centre housing with gears in it and swap them over?EDIT, just found this4spd auto got 3.465spd manual got 3.236spd manual got 3.46 (BA2+)6spd auto got 2.73 (BF+)So looks like 4spd auto and 6spd manual were the same, wonder if they are the same strength Edited 29/07/13 02:49 PM by XF Falcon
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/07/13 02:48 PM Posted 29/07/13 02:48 PM (edited) Just buy a complete diff. Maybe from the wreckers Make sure is an 86 you buy.http://www.transgearsdiffs.com.au/diff-specials.html Edited 29/07/13 02:54 PM by arronm
Turkey91 Member 57 Member For: 14y 1m 12d Posted 30/07/13 05:15 AM Posted 30/07/13 05:15 AM I have a zf auto and recently got a diff with 3, 73 ratio put in. Freaking huge difference. Car is so damn responsive. First is a bit short though. Wont make full boost. But then gives a massive kick into second. I love it. But id go with a 3.46 instead if I could. 5th tops out at 200. Ive always been too scared to fully load top gear. I cant afford it if the gearbox doesn't hold up. I run 15-17psi and 328rwkw but then 317 after the ratio change. My tuner said its to be expected though. I dont know why. Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4 Beta 2
Turkey91 Member 57 Member For: 14y 1m 12d Posted 30/07/13 05:19 AM Posted 30/07/13 05:19 AM Sorry for double post. Just heads up. My diff came from a bf2 turbo manual. The diff hat didnt line up with my diff bush. But the hats were interchangeable. Also the pinion to tailshaft flange was different also. Also easily changeable with the standard diff. Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4 Beta
knoles Legacy Donating Member 390 Member For: 15y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Port Hedland Posted 30/07/13 09:29 AM Posted 30/07/13 09:29 AM (edited) 6 speed manual had 3.73, 3V v8 also came with 3.23 Edited 30/07/13 09:30 AM by knoles
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now