Tharpie Member 4 Member For: 13y 3m 18d Posted 21/06/13 10:12 PM Posted 21/06/13 10:12 PM Hey all, just bought my very first xr6t it's a 2005 ba mk II 6 speed Manila with only 104000 kms. Yesterday I put on a dose pipe (cause I'm cool like that hah) but on the way to work this mornin I realised that the 30km trip used half of a quarter tank of fuel. This is horrible consumption. A fella at work said that it might be due to the pod filter on the dose pipe sucking in more air than what the ecu is programmed for and in doing so is adding a sh*t tonne more fuel. Has anyone else had a fuel problem or put a pod filter or dose pipe on and had this issue. Or could it be something else coz I'd like to get more that 250 kms a tank haha. If it is the issue of the pod filter. Will the ecu recalibrate and stop using so much fuel? Or am I going to have to get the ecu reprogrammed to handle a pod filter lol
xr6thsveta Legacy Donating Member 101 Member For: 14y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Palmerston North. New Zealand Posted 21/06/13 11:21 PM Posted 21/06/13 11:21 PM Pics
Tharpie Member 4 Member For: 13y 3m 18d Posted 21/06/13 11:51 PM Author Posted 21/06/13 11:51 PM What did u want pics of mate, pretty straight forward. Took the hose from turbo to cross over off which would normally then go to air box and replaced with a pipe with pod filter on it. Also blocked off the blow off/ air return whatever it is on a xr6t. To make it flutter
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 20d Posted 22/06/13 12:15 AM Posted 22/06/13 12:15 AM Computer reads more air coming in so pumps more fuel in to compensate. I think that's how it works?
Tharpie Member 4 Member For: 13y 3m 18d Posted 22/06/13 12:23 AM Author Posted 22/06/13 12:23 AM So I'd have to go back to stock piping then to fix the problem? Can the ecu be reprogrammed to fix this
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 20d Posted 22/06/13 01:27 AM Posted 22/06/13 01:27 AM Would've have anything to do with the heavier foot your driving with now since adding the pod filter? 1
Tharpie Member 4 Member For: 13y 3m 18d Posted 22/06/13 02:14 AM Author Posted 22/06/13 02:14 AM Nah I drove it nicely this mornin on the way to work, even cruise controlled most of it and I could almost watch the needle move
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Gender: Male Posted 22/06/13 02:41 AM Posted 22/06/13 02:41 AM Easy fix....but stock intake on and see what happens in a week it 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now