ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 15/01/04 08:45 PM Posted 15/01/04 08:45 PM Mrstwinxr's No stereo whine here but then again I hardly ever have it turned on
FamiliaGTRAe Team "I don't have no Falcon now" Member 387 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 15/01/04 09:33 PM Author Posted 15/01/04 09:33 PM A 15000km/h service, now that's a fast service! :lol: Thanks, even though I know what you meant it still made me laughCameron
genebaby Abuser of Charvels Member 501 Member For: 22y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 15/01/04 09:51 PM Posted 15/01/04 09:51 PM No whine in my XR8 but a guy at work has an XR6T with premium sound and he has some whine. They haven't fixed it yet. Had his car since May.
Guest rabbit Guests Posted 15/01/04 10:06 PM Posted 15/01/04 10:06 PM I have premium sound and "the whine". Ford have tried everything to fix this, including replacing the alternator twice. Going back to dealer end of this month.
mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/01/04 10:11 PM Posted 15/01/04 10:11 PM I've got the rex dvd player fitted in my car and when I play the sound through the AUX it has a really bad whine to it. Tends to go with the speed of the car.
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Posted 15/01/04 10:30 PM Posted 15/01/04 10:30 PM A 15000km/h service, now that's a fast service! :lol: Thanks, even though I know what you meant it still made me laughCameron Ooops. I just noticed that. :D Yes. They are bloody quick!
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 15/01/04 11:42 PM Posted 15/01/04 11:42 PM Noticalble mostly on AUX, but can be heard sometimes on quiet parts of CD's and the AM seems affected by interferance when motor is running. Already had a swag of work done, inc replace alternator.
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 16/01/04 03:14 AM Posted 16/01/04 03:14 AM I do have a slight whine in mine (Premium), its not that bad, but it is definitely linked to the AirCon in my car. Turn off the AC and the whine goes away. Only noticed it lately because aircon is permanently on in this weather.I'll get it looked at next service, but dont expect much.
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Location: ACT Posted 16/01/04 03:27 AM Posted 16/01/04 03:27 AM Went to a local car stereo place yesterday (at about the same time you started this thread) to see if they had developed some sort of aftermarket replacement interface, besides the Blau.He said an installation (of a conventional stereo in the tissue box spot, and just turning off the original) took 3 days.1 to fit the stereo and 2 to eliminate all the noise. Apparently it comes from everywhere, alternator, injectors, coils computers. that's what he told me anyway. Seems aftermarket guys are very dirty on Ford about the whole non-DIN type dash.
junior Member 95 Member For: 23y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: Kellyville, Sydney Posted 16/01/04 07:18 AM Posted 16/01/04 07:18 AM Got the same symptoms as trumpy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now