CHILLR Legacy Donating Member 186 Member For: 14y 23d Gender: Male Location: Doreen Posted 19/06/13 04:52 AM Posted 19/06/13 04:52 AM How does average fuel consumption differ from stock, to just a tune, then to cooling, pulleys, injectors etc?Atm running around on 15.5 stock and it cops a handful daily.
XRSEXT Member 235 Member For: 14y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 19/06/13 06:11 AM Posted 19/06/13 06:11 AM Im getting 500 from a tank with mods.. I was getting between 20-50 more km out of a tank when it was stock so if your tuner knows his sh*t it shouldnt really change much
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 19/06/13 06:49 AM Posted 19/06/13 06:49 AM I think he is meaning for a s/c v8
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 19/06/13 09:39 AM Posted 19/06/13 09:39 AM CHILLR,I've seen no change in my fuel economy with the increased HP. Certainly if your 'on it' then it's going to use more fuel but with my weekly commutes to work and back I've seen no change. From factory the car is tuned quite rich so if you get a tune only and drove the same then there would be a fuel economy improvement. The extra torque with a tune will also aid the car getting up hills without the need for the ZF to shift back. Benny. 1
CHILLR Legacy Donating Member 186 Member For: 14y 23d Gender: Male Location: Doreen Posted 19/06/13 11:47 PM Author Posted 19/06/13 11:47 PM Thanks Benny!
southside Member Member 868 Member For: 17y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Radelaide.. Real Posted 20/06/13 03:39 AM Posted 20/06/13 03:39 AM On E85 with 80% of the time WOT, I'm getting around 250-280km/s a tank.But E85 only costs me $1.06 per litre
CHILLR Legacy Donating Member 186 Member For: 14y 23d Gender: Male Location: Doreen Posted 20/06/13 03:43 AM Author Posted 20/06/13 03:43 AM On E85 with 80% of the time WOT, I'm getting around 250-280km/s a tank.But E85 only costs me $1.06 per litre 80% of the time WOT??? haha!!
southside Member Member 868 Member For: 17y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Radelaide.. Real Posted 20/06/13 03:45 AM Posted 20/06/13 03:45 AM (edited) It works... 100%... 80% of the time I enjoy giving the ute a squirt here and there... no wait, that's a lie.. I do it all the time! haha Edited 20/06/13 03:46 AM by southside
CHILLR Legacy Donating Member 186 Member For: 14y 23d Gender: Male Location: Doreen Posted 20/06/13 04:38 AM Author Posted 20/06/13 04:38 AM So do I... and its stock...Cant wait until next Monday night...... :-)
Spinning Legacy Donating Member 348 Member For: 17y 3m 3d Posted 17/07/13 11:31 AM Posted 17/07/13 11:31 AM ChillROn the back on the post by Benny , I am averaging around 14km per 100(stock as). I see you had posted around 15 .. It will interesting to read what the car is averaging now , following your recent mods . I will expect that you're driving it alot harder and more often - smiling all the way .. So , it doesn't really matter whether the consumption is a little better, same and a little or a lot worst, I guess , it's the enjoyment your hard earned has brought that I am really interested in reading.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now