Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 1d
Posted

Hi,

I have a standard bf xr6t and just recently the car has the check engine light come on when driving it hard. it gets to 3rd gear coughs and splutters and then engine check light comes on. I have a OBD2 bluetooth scan tool that I used to check the codes and it appeared with the P1227 which appears to be wastegate overboost.

Any ideas what would be causing this?

I have done some searching and most people that have this error have it when they get a tune which isnt applicable to my case. I will be checking the wastegate solinoid and hoses this afternoon.

is there anything else to check?

Thank you chris

  • 2 weeks later...
  • New Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 21d
Posted

Most likely the wastegate is not doing its job and staying closed due to a leaky diaphram in the actuator causing car to over boost.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...