Roweyy New Member 20 Member For: 13y 3m 23d Posted 16/06/13 05:01 AM Posted 16/06/13 05:01 AM Hey I am a newbie here and just purchased a 2008 FG XR6. I am looking to lower it on it's factory 18's but I am planning on getting some 20's in the near future. I also don't want it to be too low and attract too much attention from the cops. I want to spend around $1500 but am fairly flexible what setups do you guys recommend and also any other parts I will need?Thanks Roweyy
willo88 Member 700 Member For: 14y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 16/06/13 05:06 AM Posted 16/06/13 05:06 AM King springs sssl rear, ssl front with bilstein shocks all round. Might cost you a tad over 1500 fitted. /end thread
Roweyy New Member 20 Member For: 13y 3m 23d Posted 16/06/13 05:26 AM Author Posted 16/06/13 05:26 AM What is the cars handling like now and do you have a picture of how it sits?
willo88 Member 700 Member For: 14y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 16/06/13 05:39 AM Posted 16/06/13 05:39 AM plenty of pics, combos and talk about setups in here matehttp://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/83348-show-us-your-lowered-fg-sedan-utes/but it does handle a lot better than stock
Roweyy New Member 20 Member For: 13y 3m 23d Posted 16/06/13 05:55 AM Author Posted 16/06/13 05:55 AM Had a look the ssl/sssl seems to be the go. Thanks for your help!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 17/06/13 05:13 AM Posted 17/06/13 05:13 AM If your car is an N/A XR6 you will need SSSL fronts also - if it is a turbo you will need SSL
Roweyy New Member 20 Member For: 13y 3m 23d Posted 26/06/13 08:02 AM Author Posted 26/06/13 08:02 AM Hey I was just wondering if I put SSSL in what will I need to do to adjust the camber?
spinr33 Legacy Donating Member 964 Member For: 15y 1m 22d Posted 26/06/13 09:32 AM Posted 26/06/13 09:32 AM Get xyz coil overs not a lot more mate and have the height you want any trouble you can easily raise it again
Roweyy New Member 20 Member For: 13y 3m 23d Posted 26/06/13 10:02 AM Author Posted 26/06/13 10:02 AM Coilovers don't need the camber adjusted if I am correct? Sorry I am new to most of this.
Z2TT Member 714 Member For: 14y 4m 13d Posted 26/06/13 02:18 PM Posted 26/06/13 02:18 PM I've got King lows on my FG and it handles very nicely still using factory struts.When you lower the car wheels can go out of alignment no matter whether you are using Coilovers or just Aftermarket Springs.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now