gemms61 Member 56 Member For: 15y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 11/06/13 09:17 AM Posted 11/06/13 09:17 AM Hi GuysMy 2010 G6ET steering wheel Ford badge has gone all sh*tty (the silver writing and surround have gone spotty) so I wanted to replace it.The local Ford spare parts shop told me they don't sell them as a spare so I bought a replacement from ebay but Ford told me the badge cant be changed over???? something to do with the airbag.Was he just having a go or is there some truth in there somewhere ?Has anyone changed there badge....and did the airbag blow?Keen to hear before I try.CheersMick
gsd112 Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 16y 29d Gender: Male Location: Penrith Posted 11/06/13 10:38 AM Posted 11/06/13 10:38 AM My 2010 G6ET has done the same thing but you can only notice it in direct sunlight. Thought about changing it for a minute then remembered my new years resolution dont sweat the small stuff.
droF Legacy Donating Member 32 Member For: 16y 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/06/13 11:06 AM Posted 11/06/13 11:06 AM I had the same happen to me. I took it to ford and they replaced the whole airbag cover under warranty which houses the badge. The reason you have to change the whole thing and not just the badge is if you buy those listed on eBay for example and stick them over the existing badge, in the event of an accident and the airbag is deployed you run the risk of the badge flying off due to the force of the airbag deploying. The badge could fly off and hit you in the face and cause a serious injury.
gemms61 Member 56 Member For: 15y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 11/06/13 11:29 AM Author Posted 11/06/13 11:29 AM Yea, I know what you mean, but staring at it all day as I drive around (sales rep) little things turn into bloody annoying things. I must need a holiday....... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
gsd112 Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 16y 29d Gender: Male Location: Penrith Posted 12/06/13 09:06 AM Posted 12/06/13 09:06 AM Yea, I know what you mean, but staring at it all day as I drive around (sales rep) little things turn into bloody annoying things.I must need a holiday.......Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDTrue, I put the window up and with the tints it shades it and its gone.
gemms61 Member 56 Member For: 15y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 13/06/13 04:10 AM Author Posted 13/06/13 04:10 AM Well after my local Ford service dept told me it was a sticker so just peel it off.....I did It not a sticker, it's an Aluminium plate with tabs under the cover so need to be careful. I had a few stickers from eBay in black, blue and this carbon fibre look so stuck it on.
SoundPulse15 New Member 2 Member For: 6y 9m 14d Posted 30/10/20 08:34 PM Posted 30/10/20 08:34 PM Hey mate, I know I’m a bit late to the party but I was just curious. Was it just the thin blue Ford logo you scraped off or did you actually get something under the whole thing and pry it out?
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,115 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/10/20 11:23 PM Posted 30/10/20 11:23 PM the "blue" part is a painted bit of metal that comes out (not sure if the prongs holding it in are painted blue, but you get the idea).
SoundPulse15 New Member 2 Member For: 6y 9m 14d Posted 31/10/20 07:01 AM Posted 31/10/20 07:01 AM All good, I figured it out. Thanks heaps 👍
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,115 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/10/20 07:03 AM Posted 31/10/20 07:03 AM no worries
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now