Big Thanks Forced Performance And Tuning

dalts

• Member For: 17y 10m 2d

5000cc injectors sh*t your not mucking around!

Delays can be painful but at the end of the day you have one of the most complete setups going around so it will definately produce the times!

I wondered about the gtx42 with the rest of the hardware your running you might aswell go as big as possible.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Lee

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 28d

Yeah gt55 looks like it will be. I have put lexcen windows in side and rear windows. Trying now to get a 12 inch rim under the back. Power will never be the issue as to how far it goes. The chassis will.

Had a text earlier with a destroked engine. It made 830rwhp on 21 psi of boost with a gtx4202. Motor and turbo Same as mine. I'd love to see that turbo pushed to the limits and see if theres 40-50 psi of boost. In it. That is with very concervative timing in it and pump fuel

The gtx was brought early on when goals were t quite so high. And to top that. Garret talked me In to getting a bigger one I was going to get 4294.

• Like 1

With your set up a gtx55 would be the way to go!

That destroked engine with a gtx42 is a very promising result especially with 21psi,imagine with a gtx55 behind it!!

Good times ahead!

Lee

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Yeah it's rediculous for the boost level. Even Dion was amazed it produced that sort of power at 21psi. It's a new turbo on it. It ran a gt42 before. So didnt expect it to do what it did. Because it took a bit more boost to get the same power with last turbo. I'm chatting with Etm at the moment too see how the heck I'm going to get a turbo that size under there

Yes very impressive,she'll be definately a tight squeeze but I'm sure Etm will sort that out!

Does dion have a gtx55 on his new fg project?

Lee

• Donating Members

He has a gt55. Not x. Etm said best to sell the whole setup and start from stratch. I'm thinking for time being get a gt47 adapt to manifold. And see how I go. To outlay the total cost of that setup again. Does not sound appealing at this stage. Considering its seen the road for 10 mins total. Might be good to have the smaller unit during r&d time.

Good idea,these builds can snowball quickly I have found out!!

Gt47 will still produce some massive power and you should just be able to modify the manifold to suit a t6 flange.

With your driveline set up it still should meet your goals no worries at all.

Lee

• Donating Members

Was just talking to garret. There's a gtx47r that will support 1600 hp. So with my engine. It should be capable of 1800 hp. I think that's right on the money. Just taking some measurements to make sure it will fit. It's t6 flange but without it. The hp is un achievable

Your right though. They do snowball and you tend to get caught in the moment. Lol. Whatever you plan on spending on big build. Double it and you might get closer to actual outlay.

• Like 1

That's for sure,the worst thing is you know it's going to happen but you can't stop it :)

Seems like the gtx47 is the way to go,have you spoken with Spiro from Dlm about precisions they have plenty of different sizes also they tend to have high hp ratings but in smaller frames so they might be easier to fit.

Lee

• Donating Members

haven't yet bit of a hiccup for the time being will prob go with a gtx55 I think I need to build a new manifold may as well go the biggest I can. Got some 15x12 rims and 13 inch tyres ill see how I go if I can make them fit it would be nice but we will see. should then be able to 60 ft 1.0-1.2. they may be just too much to get under yet

• Like 1