04LTRB Member 319 Member For: 13y 11m 7d Posted 04/05/13 05:28 AM Posted 04/05/13 05:28 AM Hey all I own a 04 xr6t manual Every time I go to give it a squirt on take off I get a clunk noise from the rear If I re-clutch 2nd wit traction control off it jus clunks an tiny ill chirp an takes off no wheelspin or anything What could the problem be , been told diff bushes if so would I be losing any power from it at all When I does get wheelspin ( in the wet ) it still clunks an also a lot of axle tramp Any help much appreciated Ps I don't trash my car just once every so often just the clunk annoys me
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 04/05/13 06:17 AM Posted 04/05/13 06:17 AM diff bush
04LTRB Member 319 Member For: 13y 11m 7d Posted 04/05/13 06:19 AM Author Posted 04/05/13 06:19 AM Would I be losing any power at allThanks for the reply ill get them fixed I think
wombatG6ET Legacy Donating Member 707 Member For: 14y 3m 18d Gender: Male Location: cherrybrook Posted 04/05/13 06:54 AM Posted 04/05/13 06:54 AM It will affect how the power is transferred to the wheels
04LTRB Member 319 Member For: 13y 11m 7d Posted 04/05/13 07:07 AM Author Posted 04/05/13 07:07 AM Yea I was thinking that , gotta get it fixed ASAP then can any mechanic do it or jus go 2 ford
phantom xr6t Talks Cheap, Let's Race Member 596 Member For: 19y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Atherton, FNQ Posted 04/05/13 07:16 AM Posted 04/05/13 07:16 AM they have to drop the cradle to replace the diff bush, so get them all done while the cradle is out, got mine done by fulcrum
04LTRB Member 319 Member For: 13y 11m 7d Posted 04/05/13 07:40 AM Author Posted 04/05/13 07:40 AM So all 3 bushes yea , wat did that set u back
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 11d Posted 04/05/13 09:59 AM Posted 04/05/13 09:59 AM $600 give or take with super pro's
skitzone80b Member 46 Member For: 13y 7m 4d Posted 04/06/13 12:08 AM Posted 04/06/13 12:08 AM just be sure to get them to check your diff this was my exact issues. Couldn't move the diff with a pry bar anywhere and bushes looked replaced from warranty. Repressed all the trailing arm bushes and the top upper rear control arm spherical joints. Next time I drove it I got off the clutch at 1200 rpm and floored and my diff went bang.
04LTRB Member 319 Member For: 13y 11m 7d Posted 06/06/13 12:27 PM Author Posted 06/06/13 12:27 PM There feels like a lot of movement I'm 95% sure it's the diff bushes but ill be checking everything
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now